Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Os 3.1.4 - List of bug fixes and changes by component  (Read 84988 times)

Description:

Offline nbache

Re: Os 3.1.4 - List of bug fixes and changes by component
« on: October 15, 2018, 08:32:38 PM »
@ThomasRichter:

A couple of features had to wait as they came in too late. In my private experimental version, there is also a variant of the execute command that can also read its input from the pipe, such that
Code: [Select]
list lformat="...." | executeexecutes a command sequence constructed by "list" without requring a temporary file.
Neat!

In OS4, I can do the same with
list lformat="..." | execute IN: - can the 3,1,4 (non-experimental) one also do that?

(I don't run any 3.x systems any more, so I'm just asking out of academic interest).

Best regards,

Niels

Offline nbache

« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2018, 10:36:31 AM »
unless using that chap's app where he lets you drag from anywhere in the window then it could be.
And if you do, you can also use it to get the window back.

This feature, BTW, is built-in in OS4 (hold Ctrl+Amiga and drag from anywhere in the window, except string gadgets with focus).

Best regards,

Niels

Offline nbache

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2018, 10:41:59 AM »
So these are (will/would be) equivalent then?
type s:user-startup | executeand
execute s:user-startup
That would surprise me. Execute takes a file name as argument, while type outputs a stream of text.

Best regards,

Niels

Offline nbache

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2018, 06:54:29 PM »
Then feel surprised. Several commands switch their command line arguments depending on their usage.[/quote]Hehe ... yeah, I did actually consider something like that after having posted. And of course it is also known in *n*x.

Best regards,

Niels