Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Classic Workbench WHDLoad issue  (Read 1930 times)

Description:

Offline sturulezTopic starter

• Show all replies
Classic Workbench WHDLoad issue
« on: January 16, 2017, 12:27:20 AM »
Hi,

Ive recently installed Classic Workbench onto my amiga 1200. I had a load of WHD load games in the Games folder before i installed classic WB and they worked fine.

For some reason now when i go into my games folder and click on one of the games it shows the file name but has ".slave" at the end of it. When i try and load the game it doesnt load up

A Scalos window opens up saying

(see attached Image)

When i insert the CF card with all the whdload games on A-Z into the PCIMA slot for some reason it doesnt show them, ive checked to make sure they are not hidden.

For some reason it seem like its not recognising them..

Any suggestions?
A1200 - ACA 1221EC Accelerator, 32GB CF Card, SCSI CD-ROM, WB3.9, 3.1.4 ROM. PCMCIA 4GB transfer card, Indivision AGA MK2

• Show all replies
Re: Classic Workbench WHDLoad issue
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2017, 09:14:44 AM »
I managed to copy over everything into the C: directory as was shown in the tutorial I watched.

I'm just confused why the current A-Z games I have on my PCIMA CF card are not showing. I've plugged the PCIMA into my PC and I can see the list of games on it.
A1200 - ACA 1221EC Accelerator, 32GB CF Card, SCSI CD-ROM, WB3.9, 3.1.4 ROM. PCMCIA 4GB transfer card, Indivision AGA MK2

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2017, 02:10:07 PM »
Quote from: Oldsmobile_Mike;819830
Excellent point.

Are you clicking on a full color icon to start the game? Or something else, perhaps looking like a little square?

At the moment I've got the files displayed in list view. I will try and have them set out as icons to see what they look like. Surely the appearance of the icon will now resolve the issue of loading the WHDLoad games?

:confused:

I feel like after I installed Classic Workbench there is something missing where it is not recognizing the WHDload games.  :(

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2017, 08:23:16 AM »
Okay I've seemed to of resolved part of the problem. I used something called iGame that comes with classic WB. Searched for the depositories in the Games: partition and added them and they work okay.

Just need to see if the CF Card in the PCMCIA port will show the games I've got on there.