Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga A1200 with Pistorm32 lite initial query  (Read 526 times)

Description:

Offline Boing-ball

Re: Amiga A1200 with Pistorm32 lite initial query
« on: February 24, 2024, 10:18:12 PM »
Hi all,

I am new to Amiga's again after many years.  I have acquired a nice A1200 which I have been getting to grips with.  It has the 3.00 Roms installed.  I was just wondering do I need to purchase the 3.1 Roms if I am using a PiStorm or does the PiStorm take over from the Rom chips? 

Sorry for the totally noob questions.  I have only just got a PiStorm, it's all exciting for me :)

At the moment I am just using the PiStorm as an accelerator mainly because I am struggling to work out how to access games on it's SD card.  Still tinkering/learning...

Regards

Steven

Welcome!

I use a PiStorm32 Lite coupled with a Pi4B.

As for the ROMs. Ideally 3.1 would be a good starting block. But do consider buying the 3.2 ROMs as this will give you the ROMs in file format. Then it’s simply a case of copying that to the FAT32 partition of the SD card for the Pi. Save buying/burning your own to fit into the A1200.

If you are new to this, then recommend watching the video Doug @ 10Marc did over on YouTube for a basic how to get started..

https://youtu.be/04Ra86PE5Cs?si=yalsA2Aw8HCZmauP

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2024, 07:25:49 PM »
Thank you. 

I think I need to learn how to install/setup WHDLoad next. 

Regards

Steven

SHG Retro videos worth a watch on this. This video describes how to build up a Workbench which includes WHDLoad installation.

https://youtu.be/olRHScYz3KI?si=QRH2djKzRcYKfHhO

Stu also has a video on how to fix WHDLoad errors you may encounter…

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2024, 10:44:42 PM »
Thank you Boing-Ball..... 

More Youtube videos to watch :)

Steven

No worries. We all had to start somewhere 😉

Remember to like the videos to help the respective creators out 👍🏻