Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for only $39.99!  (Read 29992 times)

Description:

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: Upgrade to Windows 8 Pro for only $39.99!
« on: July 03, 2012, 03:26:26 PM »
Quote from: gaula92;698879
Ufff... Microsoft sofware makes me feel sick.

It's been seven years since I last had a Windows computer, and I will NEVER go back to that world of bloat, virusses, malware, registry nightmares, slowness, fragmentation and uglyness.

Linux covers my daily needs: it runs on my Pandaboard ES silent fanless computer wich boots in seconds with it's TI kernel. It's free, fast, light and secure. If I'd still be using Windows **** after all those years I'd feel pretty idiotic.
Other OSes I use are Amiga OS (on minimg, fpga-arcade) and Risc OS (on the Pandaboard ES, too).

WHY on earth would anybody use Microsft Windows these days? No, seriously: Lubuntu is SO easy that even my parents use it every day and I didn't have to teach them a single thing! Using M$ **** is nonsense.

The only Micro-**** software I run is...well, MSX-DOS on my Altera DE1 home-made MSX2+ computer :D
And it'll remain like that.

If I only had M$ Windows to choose from, I'm sure I'd leave computers for good.

You have to love the **** that people talk.  Do you think Linux or MaxOS or Amiga OS would be any different it had 95% desktop market share ?
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Xbox Live: S0ulA55a551n2

Registered MorphsOS 3.13 user on Powerbook G4 15"

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 04:39:54 PM »
Ignoring the windows phone xbox tile desktop, from reports I have read windows 8 is more stable and much quicker in parts than even win 7
“We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.” - George Bernard Shaw

Offline jj

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2012, 05:26:16 PM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;699027
It is a little unusual, but it's a very solid ten-year-old OS, and it doesn't have no support, yet. Again, if Microsoft would only quit screwing around with the UI, or at the very least allow users to fall back to all the old stuff (including the old Windows Explorer,) they'd probably get a lot of people to switch - they're just too stubborn to actually do that.

What is wrong with the GUI/UI of Win 7 ?  Not much different to Xp and what is different I find an improvement.