Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What will drive the New Amiga?  (Read 22439 times)

Description:

Offline amigamad

• Show all replies
Re: Nitpick alert
« on: March 22, 2004, 06:40:33 PM »
Well i decided to buy my ppc card and build my a1200 back in 1996/97 and when gateway took over amiga things started to look better comanys started to release a bit more software and the revival was what most of us were expecting now we have some two hardware systems and operating systems to continue from the classic amiga but there has not been any good comercial software for ages and most amiga and pegasos users are the ones that have owned amiga,s in the past most people can build or buy a pc cheaply and use a free os with free software like linux ,so buying expensive hardware and an os which does not have the latest games or aplications puts off pc owners at least the mac had a nice case as standard shame about the minimal software for it but the mac market is still alot bigger than the amiga after so many owners and direction changes even with the right software we will never gain the status we once had  at school the amiga was the computer to have .amd now Out of everyone i know im the only person that likes and still uses and has an amiga most people have moved on after the mainstream games stopped .We are the ones keeping the spirit of the machine alive .a massive comeback would never happen now its been to long, but we can hope im staying on this ship until it sinks.
I once had an amigaone xe but sold it .

http://www.tamiyaclub.com

Offline amigamad

• Show all replies
Re: What will drive the New Amiga?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2004, 06:56:24 PM »
IMO, get at least Mozilla and OpenOffice ported to AmigaOS/compatibles. That would get the attention of Slashdot users as well as techie-journos

Your right there i downloaded the latest Mozilla for windows and i must say its the best browser i have use not a single crash and not bloated i love how easy it is to get difrent plugins and features to make it work how you want i have mouse gestures and loads of difrent search engine an rss news feed reeder ,dictionary ,session saver and  reload every plugin this browser is easy and much more configarable than any i have used .Openoffice is also great very powerfull and the gimp would also be a nice peice  of software to have.

This platform is not going to survive selling to inside this community. Eventually even this small niche will become saturated, and you'd have no one left to sell to.

Good point .
I once had an amigaone xe but sold it .

http://www.tamiyaclub.com