Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga PCs on the way....  (Read 33714 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: Amiga PCs on the way....
« Reply #14 from previous page: September 02, 2010, 06:34:27 PM »
Quote from: Argo;577356
Has anyone confirmed if any legal paperwork has been filed?

It's a contract between two entities, what do you feel needs to be "filed", and where?
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2010, 07:52:00 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;577364
Quote from: Argo;577356
Has anyone confirmed if any legal paperwork has been filed?

It's a contract between two entities, what do you feel needs to be "filed", and where?

What I was implying, is that you seem to believe that someone would file a trade mark somewhere. But why would that be necessary?

Take Hyperion's settlement with Amiga Inc for example; "AmigaOS" is not a trade mark in its own, AFAIK. I'd say there is *only one mark*, and that is "Amiga". It is owned by Amiga Inc, and no-one else.

What Hyperion seems to have, is *merely an agreement* stipulating that "OK, we (Amiga Inc) will not sue you if you use our Amiga mark in the following ways 'AmigaOS', 'Amiga OS', 'AmigaONE', 'Amiga ONE', when marketing your OS4".

AFAIK, no-one would need to file anything anywhere in order to make such an agreement, and I think Commodore has a similar deal!

:)

• Show all replies
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2010, 07:55:22 PM »
Quote from: tone007;577372
I got one of the second ones for $20, runs Ubuntu 10.04 just fine, and I did put an Amiga sticker on it.

... but ... but ... it won't be TEH REEL!!1!

It's all about *official* trade mark stickers, haven't you learned anything about *what really matters* during the last decade, haven't you been paying attention?

;)

• Show all replies
« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2010, 12:35:56 AM »
Quote from: Tripitaka;577389
@takemehomegrandma

It still doesn't change the fact that a PC with an Amiga sticker is just a PC however.

...as was the Teron, Pegasos and the "X1000" computers; desktop oriented motherboards with the bog standard PC controllers, slots, connectors and other interfaces. The only difference was that those were based around PPC instead of x86, otherwise it's exactly the same PC stuff.

If AInc had any reals brains they would have offered the trademarks to the Natami team. instead.

Who say they can't? As we just have seen, one does not exclude one other! :)

Has the Natami team even asked?

Maybe Commodore could make an "AIO" computer out of the Natami when it's finished? That would be super cool! A Commodore Amiga with real but updated Amiga style HW, in a A1200 styled case! :)

I'd buy one!

:)