Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SAM 440ep-flex Easter Promotion  (Read 5012 times)

Description:

Offline dammy

• Show all replies
Re: SAM 440ep-flex Easter Promotion
« on: March 19, 2010, 12:47:00 PM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;548351
I guess one way of looking at it is if the X1000 results in some cheaper SAM's for a 'period of time', then all is good in the world :)

ACube said they would go to another system later in the year IF they have enough SAM440 sales.  How many of those looking today to get a SAM440 can afford both X1000 and a new SAM440 plus a new system from ACube later on in the year?  In this world economy of horror, I don't see too many people being able to afford to buy two systems this year, let alone three systems.  That means they will have to choose between SAM440 now, wait till the X1000 hits in June ("Before Summer"), or wait to see what the end of the year, if anything, brings as far as a new system from ACube. Two of the three of the choices will not work for ACube.
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline dammy

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2010, 04:25:19 PM »
Quote from: klx300r;548755
ahh ok then you can see that Amigkit already responded to the guys question...he should have contacted Amigakit before starting such a thread...easy how rumours get started eh :-)

What they haven't mentioned if they will be reordering the SAM440 or not.  They did say if they had enough SAM440 units sold, they would be introducing a new machine at the end of the year.
Dammy

Offline dammy

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2010, 11:23:58 AM »
Quote from: koaftder;548914
I don't know what his deal is, it's kind of rambling. Maybe he's not a native english speaker? Anyway, perhaps he just doesn't want to do business with any amiga seller than Amigakit, it's hard to beat their reputation. I'm wondering if more boards are going to roll out. A-Eon steam rolling the hype machine has got to be hurting their sales while folks wait for months sitting on the fence to see how this plays out. In my opinion this is screwed up and totally unfair to ACube. I wouldn't be supprised at all if they just pull out and focus on other embedded endeavors. Their EyeMotion product looks pretty nice for folks doing embedded stuff with ARM and need a display solution.

It would be pretty funny if ACube started to handle the EFIKA-MX series with an optional AROS installed.
Dammy