Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Mission StatementII (was: Remove MORFOS/PEG from Main Fourum)  (Read 10266 times)

Description:

Offline Spidey

• Show all replies
Hello teotwin,

I agree with you about the "constant" fights between Amiga and MorphOS supporters.

But did you look in what kind of threads/topics the real fights are?
Most of those threads/topics were more of the imaginative kind. A lot of speculations etc.
Or reactions on statements of bbrv.

I time ago I started the review of my Pegasos (to my delight it's on the frontpage again :-D).
And look how this one turned out to be (to be honest, I was a little bit scared it wouldn´t turn out to stay "clean")!

My feelings are, if someone posts something "real" without assumptions, not making off-topic comments etc., people will have "fun" reading it.
I like to read about other solutions even if I don´t own that particular piece of software or hardware. :-)

We just should check those other topics, the "not-real" ones.
I´m thinking about the G4 modules for MorphOS, also the release date of the new Pegasos II, the double cpu module for A1, ofcourse also the waiting part of OS4, etc.

These kind of topics tends to get heated after a while, because the subject isn´t here yet, so you can speculate, etc.

I think when OS4 is out for public, these fights will be less than at this moment.

Spidey

Offline Spidey

• Show all replies
Re: Mission StatementII (was: Remove MORFOS/PEG from Main Fourum)
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2003, 10:10:53 AM »
Hi bbrv,

....we can only hope!

Me too!

This market is small already.
It would be best for it if everbody would cooperate.
Ofcourse I'm thinking of a consumers perspective and not from a company's perspective! :-D

But I really think it would be nice if someday a consumer could buy the software MorphOS and run it on his A1 hardware or buy the software OS4 and run it on his Pegasos hardware.

Personally I think the software parties would get more profit if this was the case. :-)

Spidey

Offline Spidey

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2003, 10:30:25 AM »
Hi teotwin,

"One thing that disturbs me, is that i now feel that i cannot post speculation and assumptions here without being called a fudder...."

To be honest, I feel this too!
So I don´t place it at this moment, perhaps it will change after this thread? :-D

I place my comments/reaction very carefully and phrase it when these are my feelings or opinions.
I see it more and more in topics, that people are stressing the part that it is their assumption/feeling/whatever.
(Just because someone will take a small insignificant and start an off-topic something about it!)

I too would like to see that OS4 would be available for all kinds of hardware!
Perhaps then I'll buy a x86 piece of hardware for me to play with at home! :-)

Spidey

Offline Spidey

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2003, 11:55:27 AM »
Hello takemehomegrandma,

Yep, a sort of the same I wrote down on page two of this thread.
I really think that when OS4 comes available these kind of discussions will change in positive discussions of merits of the different products. Now we're dealing with a lot of speculations on all sides.

Ofcourse you'll keep people who want to "light a fire", that is unavoidable in open forums. But if you don't give them any "tinder" they can't make a big fire, in other words, don't pay attention to them :-D

Spidey