Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Going Backwards!  (Read 2412 times)

Description:

Offline lsmart

• Show all replies
Re: Going Backwards!
« on: September 28, 2010, 02:41:20 PM »
Time Machine backups aren´t the best way to do this, but I suppose it is possible to mount them and get the files for a different machine, but I´d be somewhat cautious.

Anyway, as deauthorization works, you can keep the files on the other computer, you just won´t be able to play them there. Unfortunately you can just deauthorize all your computers at once and reauthorize them one by one. And you can´t deauthorize again for (i think) 6 month.

So if everything else fails. Put the backup back to the core2duo and copy the files from there.

Oh, and yes. Apple authorizes the machine. Not the iTunes library, so you have to authorize the new/old machine no matter how the files arrive there. The scheme has the benefit, that any user on the mac may play the files.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 02:45:56 PM by lsmart »

Offline lsmart

• Show all replies
Re: Going Backwards!
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 02:58:06 PM »
Oh, wait. Since you still have the Core2Duo you can deauthorize it inditidually. The Limit on deauthorization only applies, if one of the boxes you want to deauthorizeis not in reach to do the deauthorization on the machine itself. As far as Iremember, you are using iTunes to do the deauthotization by clicking on the iTunes Store, then your username at the top/right side ... but my iTunes doesn´t show the button that I was looking for now ... strange.