Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FPGA Replay Case  (Read 12762 times)

Description:

Offline vidarh

• Show all replies
Re: FPGA Replay Case
« on: March 27, 2011, 06:22:40 PM »
Quote from: Darrin;623080
Excellent, I really liked the Minimig design you made for its simplicity, functionality and elegance.  I'm still planning on putting my FPGA Arcade into a keyboard, but considering the size of board, a case like yours might be the more practical option.

I'm thinking that gutting a broken A1200 would be really appealing, if hooking up the keyboard isn't too hard, and sorting out the connectors wouldn't look too ugly.. I always did want an A1200 (my upgrade from my A500 and A2000 ended up being an A3000 instead, and that was my last classic)

Offline vidarh

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2011, 06:25:16 PM »
Quote from: mikej;623181

I have made some investigation into an FPGA module which fits the pinout of an 060 to allow a "turbo" softcore. I can't imagine at this point emulating a full 68060, more of a very fast 020.

Sounds like it'd be worth talking to the Natami team... Maybe they'd license their N68050. Since they're not after making any big profits, mainly just offsetting their development and production cost, perhaps they'd be up for cutting a good deal.

Offline vidarh

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2011, 02:08:15 PM »
Quote from: freqmax;625122
All NatAmi code is written in AHDL which isn't compatible with the A-Replay enviroment at all. It's not even VHDL compatible.

That's assuming you put it on the same FPGA as the rest of the cores on the base board, but it sounded to me like mike was talking about a separate 68060 pin-compatible module with just the CPU core to plug into the daughterboard in place of a real 68060. In that case what's in use for the base board doesn't matter.