Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The site is very slow...  (Read 21692 times)

Description:

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
Re: The site is very slow...
« on: November 03, 2010, 11:04:25 PM »
Quote from: kedawa;581829
I'm not sure how long it's been like this, since I don't frequent amiga.org all that often, but I've noticed over the past couple of months that it takes a long time to load any page on the site.  I'm talking about anywhere from 30 seconds to a couple of minutes.  I know it's not a problem with my connection, because I've had the same problem at work, so I would be surprised if I'm the only one experiencing this.
Is there anything I can do on my end to speed things up?

Hi,

It has been sort of slow lately, probably because they are using a mac as a server. It probably would be faster if they upgraded to a C64.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2010, 02:36:26 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;591273
In my case, I strongly suspect the problem is down to my ISP. It isn't the first time problems their end has screwed with my access, but it's interesting to note I'm not alone.

HI,

@Karlos,

I now notice that Amiga.org only slows down when you are on the system, so could it possibly be you that is slowing down the system. If that is the case, we could hold an experiment and ask you to stay off the system for a year, by then we should have definate results.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2011, 03:12:54 AM »
Hi,

The only thing I see slow on Amiga.org is the people, especially that Franko character who is always on meds, then there is Karlos, magnetic, JJ, commodorejohn, magnetic, and then their is a really slow person named kesa.

oh well it is what it is.

smerf

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2011, 03:17:20 AM »
Quote from: Pyromania;646615
Amiga.org has over 8 billion members served. If they are all on at the same time it slows down the site.

Hi,

YEAH RIGHT!!!

Amiga.org ain't McDonalds you know.

You make em big joke.

smerf

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2011, 04:05:33 AM »
Quote from: Transition;646844
No Amiga.org runs on Linux. Everyone that seems to be having problems accessing it though is using Windows.

HUH!!!

Probably using those darn MACS, they would slow down any site. Rather use a Radio Shack TRS 80 then a MAC, at least it would have some class.

People in the KNOW use a PC with Linux and Windows for Cloanto's Amiga Forever.

smerf

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2011, 02:28:52 PM »
Quote from: Transition;646854
@smerf

You laugh now but we are upgrading Amiga.org to a TRS 80 web server in the near future.

:)

Hi,

Model I or Model II, it does make a difference you know.

smerf

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2011, 02:10:02 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;648094
Yep. Intermittent lags seem to be a regular feature these days but I haven't had any 500 error messages since the last round of duct tape was applied. There also were some server configuration issues  that the hosting company looked into and are reportedly fixed.

Hi,

Yep Amiga.org acts just like Karlos's brain, you know, intermittent lag, seems to be a regular feature, especially when you get old.

smerf