Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The site is very slow...  (Read 21641 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: The site is very slow...
« on: November 03, 2010, 10:25:51 PM »
I've never had any problems with this site running slow, and I've only got a max of 2.6mbps & 0.6mbps download/upload speed on this old iMac... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 07:37:01 PM »
Finaly been experiencing it myself since yesterday, at first I thought Amiga.org had been shut down then I began to think that Karlos had found a way of blocking me from accessing the site and prevent me posting a load of keech... :lol:

It took three goes just now to try and access the site as it was taking so long Safari kept locking up with the dread "application not responding" error... :(

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 09:33:06 PM »
@ Karlos

Been doing a bit of calculating on how to beat your High Score (Number of posts)... :)

Now assuming that I only sleep on average 3 hours per day and you only sleep for around two minutes in any 24 hour period, if i were to quadruple my posting rate and hope that you get writers cramp and your internet connection goes down at least once a month for the next 36 years and taking into account that you spend a bit more care & time than me preparing and cooking your Vindaloos... :)

Then I calculate that on Saturday June the 23rd 2046 (by which time I'll be a sprightly 82), I should have beaten your High score by one single solitary post... :banana:

(The wildcard in my calculation though is, I have to hope the this site slow down affects you more than me and I get a wee bit jammy and can log in quicker...) :lol:

He he, can't wait... :roflmao:

(Drat, you've just sneaked two more post's in while I was typing this... :( )

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: Intermittent 500 error
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 11:57:00 PM »
I've had that error about 3 times in recent days but at the same time all the other "slowdown" problems I'd been having have disappeared and the site's now running better than ever for me... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 12:05:05 AM »
Meant to say... leave a tab open on your browser at the "online users" page it seems to crop up there after a while... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 05:20:20 PM »
@ Tone007

That's the very bugger I see quite often in recent days... :(

Noticed though it mostly happens (if you look in the Who's Online section) that it usually happens when the site is being spammed by lots of "folk" trying to register, not sure if that is the cause of it... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 10:34:51 PM »
This one just popped up about 2 minutes ago

Simplest way to get it to appear is leave a tab open at the "who's online" page and it should appear after a while... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: Internal Server Error popping up
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 10:17:12 PM »
Been 3 in past few hours I've been on...