Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Floppy drive (A1200) is driving me NUTS  (Read 743 times)

Description:

Offline EverblueTopic starter

• Show only replies by Everblue
Floppy drive (A1200) is driving me NUTS
« on: December 21, 2013, 07:29:47 PM »
I have an Amiga 1200 with an ACA accelerator and CF/IDE adapter as a hard drive. My floppy drive has been recently bought from Amigakit.

Most of the time, when I switch on my machine and insert a floppy disk I get a DF0:??? error. I try to restart, switch off/on etc. but nothing, won't work. The only way to get the drive to work is by formatting the floppy disk using 'quick format' and after it is done, it reads any floppy drive, unless if I restart u switch off/on the computer again.

I have wasted a day trying to make any sense of this to no avail, so all help/suggestions are appreciated. Unfortunately I don't have any other floppy drives/motherboards to test.

Oh, I nearly forgot, I even tried without the accelerator, but made no difference to the issue.

Offline Oldsmobile_Mike

Re: Floppy drive (A1200) is driving me NUTS
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2013, 10:01:14 PM »
I've got some of those AmigaKit floppy drives and they usually work without issue. Quiet and as quick as a floppy drive is going to get. ;) Not having any other drives to troubleshoot with is going to leave you kind of limited. You could try cleaning it, check that any jumpers are installed correctly, and that your cable is tight on both ends. Also test with as many disks as you've got, to make sure it's not just an issue with bad floppies.  Beyond that I can't think of may other options. Good luck!
Amiga 500: 2MB Chip|16MB Fast|30MHz 68030+68882|3.9|Indivision ECS|GVP A500HD+|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|Cocolino|SCSI DVD-RAM
Amiga 2000: 2MB Chip|136MB Fast|50MHz 68060|3.9|Indivision ECS + GVP Spectrum|Mechware card reader + 8GB CF|AD516|X-Surf 100|RapidRoad|Cocolino|SCSI CD-RW
 Amiga videos and other misc. stuff at https://www.youtube.com/CompTechMike/videos