Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: is super street fighter 2 a good port?  (Read 8323 times)

Description:

Offline leirbag28

Re: is super street fighter 2 a good port?
« on: June 13, 2006, 04:10:16 AM »
@Rebel-CD32

Before I even begin to Comment............Did you say  ECS version of Fightin Spirit!???????????????

Where???????????

I have been searching for that.  Is this True????  have you actually played it?

as far as I know only the Intro and menu of the AGA version runs on an ECS AMiga.but the actual game doesnt......unless there genuinly is an ECS version????

Now to my Opinions of these games:

Super Street Fighter 2 Turbo-- Best Looking Fighting Arcade port

Street FIghter 2 -- anything by USGOLD is a ripoff!

Super Street Fighter 2 - USGOLD realised what idiots they are and tried t make up for it with Playability, at the cost of gfx (SSF2T is proof they dont know what they are doing)

ElfMania -- Best gfx and Playability and technical trickery combined

Capital Punishment --- Smoothest and Most Amiga-ish and unique............unfortunately not much in it and too much trouble to run an only PAL

Fightin Spirit -- DEFINITELY the most complete Arcade Fightin game in all aspects made for the Amiga.

Shadow Fighter.....Very Nice attempt....unfortunately, these people should not have drawn the characters on an Amiga.......they look cheap and childish, kinda like puppets......Elfmania has similarly childish drawings

Ultimate Body Blows --- Best Backgrounds....unfortunately the characters were drawn on Deluxe Paint and look like crap.should have been first created on Cell, the way Anime's are, then take it from there.

If you had to have one for complete fun like the Consoles.......it would be Fightin Spirit..........Second in terms of fun would be Shadow Fighter

I wish Capital Punishment was executable without rebooting and was easy to get into.....as it is really impressive (but again.....puppet like drawings..just with more colors)
CD32 is actually the best Amiga ever made by Commodore!...

Offline leirbag28

« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 02:17:43 PM »

I think a more correct thing to say is "I think Quake runs PRETTY smooth for an Amiga"

Now about opinions of games...I just think people are amazed and relieved when they see something like Ruff N Tumble............Which does NOT run Smooth and should have.........nevertheless, an amazing game or at least graphically satisfying that confirms to us what we already knew....Amiga can do it like the consoles.............and even better...............because if Bubble And Squeek can run perfectly smooth (and it does) then so could have Ruff N Tumble.............the programmers just couldnt seem to do it I guess.

Alot of games on th Amiga were just excellent ideas not necessarily excellently executed.  I love the CHaos Engine concept..the packaging, the characters, sfx, and the whole thing as a package and the fact it was released on Amiga first..........but..indead it could have been better without sacraficing anything....they should have made the characters larger and more animated and smoother.  

Project X should have had ingame music with sfx if you could choose it........plus faster pace......Zool should have had more color on the forground......and more detail on Zool............Zool 2 massively improved on the way the levels looked and the way Zool was drawn.....but Zool himself still lacked fluidity and more colors........should have also had Music and sfx at the same time...........the same way Psygnosis accomplishes it.

Many games werent made to the fullest......simply because the software house wanted a larger audience............................perfect example is Psygnosis games and the SHadow of the Beast trilogy.......................they all run on 512k!  imagine if they were made for 1mb or 2mb machines...........alot better graphically and technically.

AMiga can do it and it can do it better than it was previosly done.

Elfmania proved an ECS Amiga can DO perfectly Smooth Street Fighter 2 games and look as good as the SNES version or better..........I never compare Amiga games to SEGA Genesis or that they should be ported from it......Genesis has always been inferior to the Super Nintendo.  
Genesis  = 64 colors FM sound
SNES   =  256 colors  16bit sound

The Amiga is usually right between the 2 but can accomplish what both can do....in some cases an accelerator may be needed........but the SNES used one also......the SuperFX chip in the cartridges such as for Killer Instinct.

Amiga is a great machine! :-)

Pinball Fantasies on SNES Sucks!  and so Does CHaos Engine (Soldiers of Fortune)

Offline leirbag28

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 03:18:32 PM »
@Legerdemain

Yes...they had Universal Soldier (Turrican II) for SNES, but I believe it was Called Super Turrican!  the game was technically nicer and had good sound..............but it certainly was NO Turrican.the Amiga Music and play was better.  It was just too different on the SNES and didnt do anything special.

One port I did like was Zool 2 on the Jaguar and SNES....at least the way Zool was drawn.............the game on Jaguar was extremely Lo Res....it was unfortunate. I bought a Jaguar just for Zool 2........though thr gfx were drawn in a cool way.......it looked too lo-Res

Offline leirbag28

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2006, 04:47:10 PM »
@Morax

Have you heard the Super Nintendo in action?  almost all games have better sound than most Amiga games and definitaly than Genesis games.

Be it what ever bit the sound is. It may be due to higher sampling rates and more memory for sound.

Lots of AMiga games could have had better sound and Gfx had they been designed to use more RAM

Offline leirbag28

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2006, 05:45:30 PM »
@Rebel-CD32

This is awesome to know

Proves once and for all!!! that Amigas (16bit ones)  at the time are better than SNES or GENESIS or at least can do it the same.   Fightin Spirit is an amazing game...........just imagine the characters being the Street Fighter ones....................boy US GOLD suck! at least GameTEK made the game look right.  all these comapnies cared about was a license and quick port.

Also Kid Chaos plays awesome..but it would need full overscan to be comparable in my book. I think chopping off borders is Cheating! and Kid Chaos certainly does not fill the screen, Sonic Does! and so does Super Mario Bros.

nevertheless...I know it can be done on the Amiga.

Mortal Kombat 2 also works on ECS correct?  I was playing Mortal Kombat Trilogy on the Sony Playstation recently.and boy does it suck!  the Amiga version is quite comparable to it.

the SNES version is the best in gfx and sound. has the animated backdrops of the Arcade.........the Amiga and Playstaion dont!   the Genesis has fewer colors.

Offline leirbag28

« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 04:39:49 PM »
@Hyperspeed

Kid CHaos Definitely has Borders............But I wouldnt call it "BORDERS on anything...........they are actually GFX CHopped off for a speed increase cuz some programmers cant seem to get the speed they want out of the plain Amiga. But the Amiga can do it at 7mhz.  There is hardlt an FULL SCREEN games on the Amiga.  2 of them that are FULL SCREEN come to my mind.....and thats PACMANIA and PROJECTX.  When I say FULL SCREEN, I mean no borders or cut off edges all around.top and bottom.

as as for Fightin Spirit ECS........WHere can i get it??????

Offline leirbag28

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2006, 12:57:34 AM »
Anyone Selling Fightin Spirit ECS version?  I beliueve its free for download in USA but not in UK

Anyone?

Offline leirbag28

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2006, 04:10:04 PM »
@jmbattle

Yes...I am in New York...............your point is?

Offline leirbag28

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2006, 12:47:42 AM »
@jmbattle

Because I dont know where to find it :-)

THats why I am asking if anyone knows where to get the ECS version.

I have the CD32 version on HD.

Offline leirbag28

« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2006, 01:45:22 AM »
Quote:

Quote:

leirbag28 wrote:
    Anyone Selling Fightin Spirit ECS version? I beliueve its free for download in USA but not in UK

Anyone?

Dunno, but I can assure you it works even on a plain Amiga 500.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I would love to see that!   Does this mean you have a copy?

as for Ruff N Tumble and Chaos Engine.............the games run normal as they were meant...........but lots of frames were dropped so that it runs choppy and  not smooth.

to get an example what "Smooth" means..........Kid Chaos is one and Bubble and Squeek...........you will notice the characters look completely static and never disapears not even for a milisecond.............However......the Frames and the Character in Ruff N Tumble do dissapear throught the entire game or call it flicker if you wish or missing frames...........it was made like this on purpose because the programmers couldnt get it to run and 60 frames per second is my guess.