Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: WinUAE: write-protected Amiga Volumes  (Read 2901 times)

Description:

Offline CassTopic starter

• Show only replies by Cass
WinUAE: write-protected Amiga Volumes
« on: February 04, 2004, 12:35:04 PM »
I have the WinXP shared folder as a HD on the WinUAE side. The problem is that I can't write to the volume anymore (volume is write protected)! I have checked the write protection before starting the emulator, but it's ignored anyway.

I think this problem firstly appeared when I updated the WinUAE version by just copying/extracting the newer over the older one, and keeping the settings file.

Anyone experienced the same problem? I think it may be reproduced by mounting the default "shared folder" as an Amiga volume (I want a confirmation on this).
________
Cheap Airsoft Pellets
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 10:06:42 PM by Cass »
"If we don't got it, you don't want it!"

Offline amigau

• Show only replies by amigau
    • http://www.amigau.com
Re: WinUAE: write-protected Amiga Volumes
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2004, 02:49:09 AM »
one thought might be the difference between your login for XP and the login you might have had to install the software under - I've managed to avoid Xtra Pernicious so far, but a similar situation happened to me when setting up LinuxUAE on my laptop - I had to set permissions on most files after getting ROMs, etc. off my AF cd from root to my 'usual' login user, then everything started to work.....You may want to check if your 'regular' login has Administrator access or at minimum, the access needed in WinBlows to get at those folders....

kevin orme
amiga university
www.amigau.com

Offline CassTopic starter

• Show only replies by Cass
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2004, 11:30:25 AM »
That's what I'm thinking of, even if I have admin privileges (but then again, might be the sort of "granular" security modes on XP :-?). I've noticed some strange behavior when I tried to set all the contents in the folder r/w (the semi-ticked stands for "not all the files are r/w").

Thanks for your help :-)

P.S. I' waiting confirmation by other users on the possibility to mount the common shared folder (M$-XP) as UAE r/w volume.
________
Portable Vaporizers
« Last Edit: March 18, 2011, 10:07:17 PM by Cass »
"If we don't got it, you don't want it!"

Offline pjhutch

• Amiga user and developer
    • Show only replies by pjhutch
    • http://www.pjhutchison.org
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2004, 12:23:10 PM »
Sometimes using the same config file from previous versions of Winuae can cause unexpected problems as data has moved in it due to new options.

Create a new config, and see if the problem disappears...