Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: workbench 1.3 on winuae  (Read 1762 times)

Description:

Offline countzeroTopic starter

• Show only replies by countzero
    • http://blog.coze.org
workbench 1.3 on winuae
« on: April 17, 2005, 02:39:41 PM »
I couldn't install workbench 1.3 on winuae. Somehow the amiga doesn't 'see' the harddrive. (I'm following the guide at jambo.org) I have no problems installing wb 2.1 or wb 3. I'm trying to emulate an Amiga 500 with a590, so I pick 1.3 roms for the a500. Does the harddrive have to be a specific filesystem ? And is it ok if I format it using wb 2.1 ?
I believe in mt. Fuji

Offline fx

• Show only replies by fx
    • UHC Tools
Re: workbench 1.3 on winuae
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2005, 02:44:26 PM »
I had some problems with installing WB1.3 on a hardfile but when I used a directory instead it worked fine.
Slightly bored and severly confused..

Offline RedskullDC

• Show only replies by RedskullDC
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2005, 02:50:02 PM »
Hi countzero,

countzero wrote:
I couldn't install workbench 1.3 on winuae. Somehow the amiga doesn't 'see' the harddrive. (I'm following the guide at jambo.org) I have no problems installing wb 2.1 or wb 3. I'm trying to emulate an Amiga 500 with a590, so I pick 1.3 roms for the a500. Does the harddrive have to be a specific filesystem ? And is it ok if I format it using wb 2.1 ?

KS1.3 doesn't have a built in scsi.device, so it won't be able to see your 'hardrive'.

The A590 is an autoconfig device with it's own driver in rom, which is how it boots on a KS1.3 machine.
There is at present (sure someone will correct me if I am wrong) no facility in WinUAE to load the roms from autoconfig devices into the memory map.

Red
Redskull @ Digital Corruption
A500, 4000/060-75MHz
WinUAE on Windows7-X64Ult
Minimig DE1
-------------------------

Offline Thomas

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2005, 03:32:55 PM »

As fx said, you should use a HDD directory instead of a HDF.

However, with the recent versions of WinUAE you can specify a file system in the HDF prefs. Just copy FastFileSystem from your Workbench disk to the WinUAE directory, then specify it in the HDF prefs.

@Redskull: you are talking nonsense. WinUAE has its uaescsi.device built in. The only thing which is missing from the ROM is the file system.

Bye,
Thomas