Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Micromys V4, PS/2 Mouse Adapter for Commodore 64, Amiga and Atari ST  (Read 3654 times)

Description:

Offline SystemTopic starter

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org

Micromys V4

PS/2 Mouse Interface for Amiga, Atari ST and Commodore 64/128

The new version of the Micromys interface comes without Dip switches for its configuration, the adapter figures out most computer environments automatically (you may need to press a mouse button in certain cases, though).

Here are the available modes of operation: Amiga wheel mode:
Just plug in and switch on. Device will auto-detect that it's connected to an Amiga and switch to 2-button mode with wheel support. Wheel and middle-mouse button can be activated with the driver from http://www.micromys.de Amiga 3-button mode without drivers:
User keeps middle mouse button (or wheel) pressed while switching the Amiga on. This mode stays active until the next power cycle. A machine reset does not alter the mode of operation - only a power-cycle does. Atari ST/STe/Falcon:
Just plug in and switch on. Micromys will auto-detect that it's connected to an Atari and switch to that mode. Pressing the right mouse button once after power-up may be required, depending on the machine. After that has been done, the detected Atari-mode will survive all resets; Micromys will stay in Atari-mode until the next power-cycle. C64 or C128 in joystick port 1:
This is the usual port for a 1351 mouse. Most programs use it for the proportional mouse, because the GEOS operating system expects the mouse there. If Micromys V4 is plugged into Port 1, it detects the machine and switches to 1351 mode. Should the user hold down the right mouse button during power-up, the unit goes to joystick emulation mode, just like the real 1351 mouse would do. C64 or C128 in joystick port 2:
This is a rather unusual port for a proportional mouse. However, the popular music programs MSSIAH and Prophet64 use the mouse in that port, so it must be covered. If the user wants to use joystick port 2, then Micromys must be attached to port 2 after power-up and after the program has been started. The program must be set to use the mouse, and then the adapter can be attached to port 2. Since auto-detect in port 2 is highly depending on software (thus may not always work), Micromys V4 can be configured to be C64-only by removing the auto-detect jumper inside the case. Once the jumper is removed, the auto-detect sequence is bypassed and the unit will work in C64-only mode on any port of any computer. This will also let you use the joystick emulation mode on other computers than the C64.
Micromys V4 of course retains the high compatibilty of its predecessor, the Micromys V3 adapter. USB mice supporting the PS/2 protocol also work with the Micromys adapter.

Item currently not available, ETA March 29, 2012.

EUR 29.99 incl. 19% German VAT (EUR 25.20 excl. VAT for non-EU customers)

More...

Offline VingtTrois

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by VingtTrois
    • http://www.amiga.org/gallery/images/6006/1_2316_My_AMIGA_Collection_Sept2010.jpg
Re: Micromys V4, PS/2 Mouse Adapter for Commodore 64, Amiga and Atari ST
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 07:37:02 AM »
I want one unit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
-A3K(T)040@35MHz/78MB/KS3.1/OS3.9/Buster11/PICASSO II/GVP IO/A2088XT/DENEB/HDD18GB
-A3K(D)030@25MHz/134MB RAM/KS3.1/OS3.9/Buster11/RETINA Z2/OKTAGON 2008/VLAB YC/MIDI/DKB3128/HDD18GB
-A2K/ROM 1.3-3.1/2MBCHIP/8MB/A2091/OKTAGON 2008/A2058/TANDEM IDE/FlickerFixer-Scandoubler/Genlock
-A1200/KS3.1/2MB+9MB/CF2GB A1200[/

Offline Renegrade

• Show only replies by Renegrade
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 09:51:32 AM »
Oh nice!

I have a V3 unit, it works nicely.

I have a couple of older white-and-translucent-grey Logitech mice which support PS/2 mode with the little green USB->PS/2 dongle, they work fine with the V3 unit.

Offline Sparky

• Show only replies by Sparky
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 09:56:15 AM »
Nice!

Only one snag ... the advertising should probably be adjusted a little as it won't fit the C128 (flat) (or A600 as well I think) ... the 9pin connector with the screwy things is to large and won't physically fit :-(

I bought some joystick extension cables off of ebay for my Micromys V3 and they sort it .. plus saves on wear and tear of the ports on the Commodore :-)

Offline ChaosLord

• Show only replies by ChaosLord
    • http://totalchaoseng.dbv.pl/news.php
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 10:08:43 AM »
I own several V3's and they r0x my s0x! :)
Wanna try a wonderfull strategy game with lots of handdrawn anims,
Magic Spells and Monsters, Incredible playability and lastability,
English speech, etc. Total Chaos AGA

Offline motrucker

« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2012, 02:46:46 PM »
Great timing! I just bought a V3. That's my luck.
I wouldn't trade this though - It works great on both my Amiga and the eight bit Commodore. Works with my Logitech laser mice (USB) just fine.
Damn nice adapter.
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

Offline ognix

• Show only replies by ognix
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2012, 04:35:36 PM »
It seems to be a nifty piece of hardware: really well done!

But it could be improved to support (if possible) also the MSX standard: MSX users will benefit, but also old Roland samplers users (S330, S550, etc).

This means more units sold (MSX mouses are quite rare).

BY!

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2012, 05:40:39 PM »
Good... maybe this one will actually work on my C64 and Atari 8-bit instead of just with my Amiga for a change.

I REALLY wish the 9pin end wasn't so damn wide. I hand to cut my last one down a bit to make it work with my A600. :/
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show only replies by AmigaClassicRule
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2012, 05:56:37 PM »
I do not get it. What does this adapter do actually? Is it suppose to allow you to use any PC/Mac standard mouse into your Amiga instead of an actual Amiga based mouse? Is that it? Thanks in advance.

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2012, 07:45:33 PM »
On the Amiga, Atari 8-bit, C64, and Atari St
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline ptek

• Show only replies by ptek
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2012, 12:23:16 PM »
Nice price.
Onions have layers ...

Offline motrucker

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2012, 07:52:00 PM »
Who is releasing this version? I haven't seen a word on Jens site or the Mircomys site?
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+