Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The BOH-Day Offer  (Read 2006 times)

Description:

Offline saimoTopic starter

The BOH-Day Offer
« on: April 03, 2010, 11:32:04 AM »
Campobasso, Italy - April 3, 2010

Tomorrow is BOH's birthday and the best way to celebrate it is letting more people get hold of its sexy package at a cheaper cost: starting April 4, 2010, worldwide shipping is free for orders of 2 up to 6 copies!* This means that two or more friends can place a single order and receive their copies comfortably at home at the same price they would have paid if they had picked them directly from the shelf of a store! Moreover, the offer extends also to customers of the digital copy, who, as usual, just have to pay the price difference with the physical copy.

Happy Easter to all!

*The offer is not valid for companies. All the copies are sent in the same parcel to a single destination.

About BOH

BOH is a unique retro-flavoured top-down shooter that combines maze exploration and action with terrific results.
You move in claustrophobic, traps-packed, mind-boggling battlefields searching for the Evil Masters, who throw countless enemies at you until you discover and face them in the final battle. Although your quests are made slightly less hard by the bonuses and power-ups scattered all around, carrying out the missions demands lots of concentration and quick reflexes.
With BOH the fun never ends: new missions can be added anytime and you can even create your own! And, as if that was not enough, you can also customize entirely its audio-visual aspect!
BOH has been created with lots of passion and care to offer, with its oldschool style, a fascinatingly different videogaming experience.

To learn more about BOH, please surf to the official website at http://www.bohthegame.com.

---
EDITEL snc
via Duca d'Aosta, 30/i - 86100 Campobasso (CB) - Italy
VAT no.: IT00814390704
« Last Edit: April 03, 2010, 02:25:02 PM by saimo »
RETREAM - retro dreams for Amiga, Commodore 64 and PC

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
    • Show only replies by bloodline
    • http://www.troubled-mind.com
Re: The BOH-Day Offer
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2010, 07:16:54 PM »
What resolution does it use? An iPhone port might be quite straight forward (I have read your FAQ) :)

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2010, 07:25:02 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;551128
What resolution does it use? An iPhone port might be quite straight forward (I have read your FAQ) :)

Honestly I'm puzzled, since both the question and the observation have an answer in the FAQ.

Q3: What resolution does the game run at?
A: The visible area is always 320x240 pixels.
Such low resolution has been chosen on purpose to achieve a "retro" feeling and because pixels are beautiful! - more information about this can be found in the previous answer.
The area can be zoomed by 2x, 3x and 4x both in window and in full screen mode.

Q15: Can you port BOH to this handheld (iPhone, Nintendo DS, etc.)?
A: BOH has been designed and written to be easily portable across desktop platforms, which is one of the reasons why everything is done by the CPU (the other is that I just love to code that kind of stuff). This means that, despite the (apparently) low technical profile of the game, handheld devices may just not be powerful enough. Of course, optimized usage of the target platform resources could get the game to run nicely, but then the porting effort could be sustantially high. Maintenance and updates could also be a cause of major headaches.
But, even more importantly, BOH is not suitable at all for handhelds: its main elements are reduced visibility, dark graphics, small details and such, all of which would make the playing experience on small LCD screens a pain. On top of that, controls could be an issue as well.

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2010, 07:31:10 PM »
Oops, sorry missed the resolution section :)

If you have a Mac (I guess you have), download the iPhone dev tools. I can help you if you need any assistance :)

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2010, 07:53:53 PM »
Quote from: bloodline;551130
Oops, sorry missed the resolution section :)

No problem.

If you have a Mac (I guess you have), download the iPhone dev tools. I can help you if you need any assistance :)

Thanks, but, as said above, the problem is not the tools.

(BTW: actually I don't have a Mac, in fact, whenever I have to build an updated version and prepare the relative update package for MacOS I borrow one from a friend.)

Offline bloodline

• Master Sock Abuser
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2010, 12:16:24 PM »
Ok, no worries. All the best :)

« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2010, 12:19:41 PM »
Thanks!