Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GVP-M and Software Hut Inc. have teamed up for new Amiga boards  (Read 4035 times)

Description:

Offline RojTopic starter

• Show only replies by Roj
    • http://amiga.org/modules/mylinks/visit.php?lid=247
April 24, 2009 - GVP-M and Software Hut Inc. have teamed up to bring new Amiga boards to the market.

Through a joint effort, GVP and Software Hut are bringing to the Amiga market new accelerators, ram and video boards. Included in this are 060 boards for the 2000 and 4000 model computers as well as an 030 model for the A1200. All of these accelerators use standard 72 pin ram as well. This will be a limited run to gauge the demand in the market. We have tried to price these boards as low as possible taking into account many of them are completed and tested by hand due to small production runs. If the demand is strong, additional items, many of which have been unavailable for some time are planned. Supplies are limited on many of the items. The initial batch of boards and ram are due in stock this Monday, April 27. To see details please visit http://www.softhut.com/gvp

Inquiries can be directed to: sales@softhut.com or by calling 610-793-2354
I sold my Amiga for a small fortune, but a part of my soul went with it.

Offline Retro_71

• Show only replies by Retro_71
Re: GVP-M and Software Hut Inc. have teamed up for new Amiga
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2009, 12:33:46 AM »
Great News and since i have pre-ordered and can't wait to get it.
But what additional items are you talking about?
A Chameleon and 1541 II ultimate II
2 x C=64, 2 x C64C, C128 (jiffydos), C128D, 3 x A500 (1 x 030),
A1000, 2 x A2000 (GVP 040 + SCSI combo + indivision), A3000 GVP IV24 & Emplant
3 x A1200 (1 x 030, Indivision and IDE-Fix with 40 GB HDD & DVD Burner)
2 x A4000 (4060, Deneb, Indivsion), CD32.
2 x Apple IIe and A IIGS (Various new cards), + 3 x Megadrives (CD and 32), 2 x Saturns, and a dreamcast.. :D

Offline NovaCoder

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2009, 02:03:40 AM »
Great news, thanks to all involved  :-D
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

Offline jiffydos

• Show only replies by jiffydos
    • http://www.mecnet.net
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2009, 03:46:35 AM »
I like to believe that through sending annoying emails to both GVP and SoftHut about wanting new accelerator boards I may have had at least some influence on this happening.   So cool!

Offline Plaz

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2009, 03:00:53 AM »
Great to hear there will be new hardware. Funny folks might be lining up for card at $485 and I couldn't sell my Tek card for $250 :-P

Plaz

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2009, 07:18:09 AM »
@Plaz,

That was a good price!  You didn't get any takers for it?  I sold one last year because I needed the money and regretted the sale as soon as it was gone.  The TekMagic is a very nice card and one of the best you can find for the A2000, since the DKB Wildfire060 is almost impossible to find on the used market.

I don't remember how much I got for mine, but I think it was about $300 or more.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline Plaz

« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2009, 12:39:15 PM »
All a matter of timing I guess. I saw one sell a month earlier that sold for about $425. The only difference was it had 128meg, mine has 64meg.

Still have the card. I wonder if GVP would trade me for credit on one of the A4000 versions.

Plaz

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
Re: GVP-M and Software Hut Inc. have teamed up for new Amiga boards
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2011, 04:00:56 PM »
Quote from: Roj;508339
April 24, 2009 - GVP-M and Software Hut Inc. have teamed up to bring new Amiga boards to the market.

Through a joint effort, GVP and Software Hut are bringing to the Amiga market new accelerators, ram and video boards. Included in this are 060 boards for the 2000 and 4000 model computers as well as an 030 model for the A1200. All of these accelerators use standard 72 pin ram as well. This will be a limited run to gauge the demand in the market. We have tried to price these boards as low as possible taking into account many of them are completed and tested by hand due to small production runs. If the demand is strong, additional items, many of which have been unavailable for some time are planned. Supplies are limited on many of the items. The initial batch of boards and ram are due in stock this Monday, April 27. To see details please visit http://www.softhut.com/gvp

Inquiries can be directed to: sales@softhut.com or by calling 610-793-2354

Hi,

@Roj,

Are you associated with Software Hut?

If so did you get my order for a subway USB ?

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better