Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Shop: Pre-installed AmigaOS XL hard disks  (Read 3373 times)

Description:

Offline SystemTopic starter

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
Shop: Pre-installed AmigaOS XL hard disks
« on: March 21, 2002, 01:05:47 AM »
We are now offering our pre-installed AmigaOS XL hard disks outside Germany too. We offer 40 and 20 GB IDE hard disks that have the full AmigaOS XL package already installed. With a boot manager you can directly boot your Amithlon or AmigaXL/QNX system. It has never been easier to get a faaast Amiga... Prices

Offline KennyR

• Show only replies by KennyR
    • http://wrongpla.net
Re: Shop: Pre-installed AmigaOS XL hard disks
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2002, 08:15:18 PM »
Urghs! Argh! Spit! Feck! Argh! Bad! :-E

Get a real Amiga folks. Preferably one of the new boards thats coming out.

I promise, it'll be faster than any emulation and you wont ever have to put up with either Windows or AMD.

Flame over. Now I'll hide and put on my flame resistant gear. ;-)

Offline Hammer

• Show only replies by Hammer
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2002, 07:38:54 AM »
There’s nothing wrong with the AMD Athlon.

A pure PPC based box would still have to emulate 68k stuff.  
Amiga 1200 PiStorm32-Emu68-RPI 4B 4GB.
Ryzen 9 7900X, DDR5-6000 64 GB, RTX 4080 16 GB PC.

Offline SystemTopic starter

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2002, 08:37:49 AM »

Why should I pay for an emulator + hardwaer from Hyp?

I can just pay my $100(US) and have 99% funcionality, and use my frickin -REAL- 3D card (nVidia GF2-GTS) insetad of some schlocky crap that they decide to support with ganky Linux retread drivers they rip off from GPL.

Get real, get a life.

Offline KennyR

• Show only replies by KennyR
    • http://wrongpla.net
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2002, 03:22:09 PM »
The only person in life more arrogant than a ex-Amiga now using Windows is an Windows user who thinks he has an Amiga.

If you like your PC so much, just use Windows. You're certainly no use to the Amiga community in general, since you don't buy any of its hardware, and very little of its software. Why register an Amiga browser when you have one pre-installed in Windows for free?

Nope, Amithlon and XL are *not* Amigas. And somehow I think your 99% compatibility is off. Maybe 85% with CGX-compatible stuff, but as a whole your emulator has about a 1% compatibility with all Amiga software.

So why don't you roll that up in your pipe and smoke it?

Offline Seehund

• Show only replies by Seehund
    • http://AmigaPOP.8bit.co.uk/
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2002, 06:00:54 PM »
> The only person in life more arrogant than a ex-Amiga
> now using Windows is an Windows user who thinks he
> has an Amiga.

How about a purposely ignorant zealot (of whatever conviction)?

> If you like your PC so much, just use Windows. You're
> certainly no use to the Amiga community in general,
> since you don't buy any of its hardware, and very
> little of its software.

I piss on the sorry excuse for a "community" that's left. Those retards running around like decapitated chickens, shouting abuse at anything and anyone who's not officially branded by the holy boing ball (TM), or those retards running around like similarly headless chicken, shouting doom about anything vaguely related to a company called Amiga Inc. That is nothing I want to be a part of, gain from or contribute to. I am an Amiga user. I'm satisfied with that.
Those using Amithlon/AmigaXL are also Amiga users. They use Amiga OS. Current 68k/PPC60x Amiga hardware is irrelevant today. I gladly, openly and proudly  piss on the generalisation that those "evil, fake and freeloading emulator users" buy less Amiga software than "us real" Amiga users. And why the F--K would someone who's using Windows have any obligation to this damn "community" to buy a vastly inferior browser, "just because"?

> Nope, Amithlon and XL are *not* Amigas.

So f-ing what? They run Amiga software, and damn fast. Just like the Eyetech and Pegasos motherboards.
The "Amiga One" concept is not an amiga, because it ain't got that schweet 68k?

I get angrier for every day I read Amiga related forums. I should take breaks more often.
[color=0000FF]Maybe it\\\'s still possible to [/color]save AmigaOS [color=0000FF][/size][/color]  :rtfm:......

Chathurawind

« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2002, 02:02:45 AM »
> The only person in life more arrogant than a ex-Amiga now using Windows is an Windows user who thinks he has an Amiga.

A generalization would not help in Amiga’s case.

> If you like your PC so much, just use Windows.

Not everybody likes to use Windows in their PC.
I don't recall the "ordinary” mums and dads using Linux?  The Amiga use to be dominate this market.

> You're certainly no use to the Amiga community in general, since you don't buy any of its hardware, and very little of its software.

If fact, it's Amiga’s hardware that killed (part of the blame) the Amiga platform since it didn’t keep in pace with the PC hardware in terms of RAW power and cost.