Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Offline User Friendly Linux Distro with Updated Wine?  (Read 14789 times)

Description:

Offline nicholas

Re: Offline User Friendly Linux Distro with Updated Wine?
« Reply #29 from previous page: March 28, 2013, 11:00:11 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;730675
What a bunch of crap! Grrrr.... :/

Thanks for the heads up!

I'm wondering whether your laptop would work as a Hackintosh?
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #30 on: March 28, 2013, 11:32:36 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;730677
Good God! Why would I want to do that?!?!? :)
There is only one reason and that is for Logic Pro. :)

I'm waiting on the Linux distro that allows you to emulate 68k Amiga and use it as the GUI giving access to Linux and Wine, etc.

It's coming, it's coming! ;)

Yeah but AEROS won't work on your laptop because it uses a recent version of Xorg. :/
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline nicholas

« Reply #31 on: March 28, 2013, 11:59:48 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;730686
Hmmm... actually OctaMED S.S. and all my hardware does the job, I don't need Logic Pro (as cool as it may be). As for this Laptop, I may well leave Winblows on it and sell it in order to buy one that gives me less grief.

Intel and Nvidia GPUs are your safest bet for Linux support.

On a side note, have you ever tried FL Studio? It runs
 great on Linux with the WineASIO drivers and a realtime kernel.

I made a drumstep tune with it last year to get a feel for it and I really liked it. Not used it since though.

Offline nicholas

« Reply #32 on: March 29, 2013, 12:40:13 AM »
Quote from: XDelusion;730690
I have, it's a pretty nifty program, but again, I prefer to compose on my Amiga via OctaMED S.S., MIDI, and real hardware.

Here's what I've got:

Kaossilator I, Kaos Pad 3, MicroKorg, Tascam DR-07, Akai XR-20 Drum Machine, ART Tube MP Microphone Preamp (Model 127), Mic with Mic Stand, and a few other odds and ends like a lap harp and such. Oh, and let's not forget the A1200 with 80Mhz 060! ;)

Phwoar!! :)

I'm 100% software based these days (Apart from my Yamaha KX-25 controller keyboard).

Offline nicholas

« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2013, 01:32:01 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;730810
Should I be sticking with 32bit distros or  64bit?

My CPU's of course are 64bit.

Yes, I can't believe I'm still dabbling with this stuff after I have said numerous times in this thread that I'm fed up. ;)

How much RAM have you got?

Offline nicholas

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2013, 03:46:42 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;730838
8Gb Yo!

64-bit.