Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Hi From ZZapmort  (Read 896 times)

Description:

Offline ZzapMortTopic starter

• Show only replies by ZzapMort
    • http://www.zzap64.co.uk
Hi From ZZapmort
« on: February 12, 2008, 11:00:56 PM »
  Hi guys,
         Nice to get onto this forum, still heavily into the C64 and helping Iain out with the www.zzap64.co.uk site. Just redug out my old a3000 and stuck a 2gb drive in it from a dead laptop (after a proper 3000 keyboard though).  

If anyone can help with old mags they want to dispose of I will gladly take them and pay postage as I scan for the Amiga Magazine rack, after late 96 amiga shoppers, amiga computing any year and amiga user international. Also has anyone got a minimig yet as it is a fantastic little machine on paper.

Cheers and long live the Amiga (and C64)

Stephen aka Mort

Offline A4000_Mad

• Show only replies by A4000_Mad
Re: Hi From ZZapmort
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2008, 11:11:26 PM »
Welcome Mort :-)

Sorry, but I can't help with mags or A3000 keyboard.

I've recently got a C64 myself. So far I've only checked that it works as it apparently wasn't used for 17 years.

:pint:

A4000 Mad

Offline ZzapMortTopic starter

• Show only replies by ZzapMort
    • http://www.zzap64.co.uk
Re: Hi From ZZapmort
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2008, 11:23:45 PM »
  Hi,
    The old 64s tend to work, the main failures are apparent pretty quickly, some things not obvious straight away are as follows:
test for sound (sometimes the chip has been swiped for other projects or is broken) and the serial /joystick ports can be dead and the machine will boot. Other than that they tend to keep on running ;-)

Will be passing on my Dtv to Chain to mod later this year and been playing with the 1541 III sd card drive and looking forward to the 1541 ultimate. Minimig will be fantastic if it can be cased up and integrated with a nice monitor as in the demos on youtube.

Ps well done on having a a4000, one commie I always wanted :-)