Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SOFTWARE HUT???????  (Read 3708 times)

Description:

Offline 23703jimTopic starter

• Show only replies by 23703jim
SOFTWARE HUT???????
« on: April 21, 2007, 12:19:33 PM »
Software hut has not changed there listings in quite some time. I have bought from them before and always had good service and quality products.
Before i order something from them i normally e-mail them for a "you still have it" or "have you got it". the last two or three times "no reply" so i had to go elsewhere for the item. no use ordering somthing and get a "not in stock" some days later.
has anyone been in contact with them lately? he is one of the few dealers left in the usa.
amigakit has good products, but the shipping prices are "outta sight".

thanks much
james portsmouth va :-?  :-D

Re: SOFTWARE HUT???????
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2007, 12:23:56 PM »

23703jim wrote:
Software hut has not changed there listings in quite some time. I have bought from them before and always had good service and quality products.
Before i order something from them i normally e-mail them for a "you still have it" or "have you got it". the last two or three times "no reply" so i had to go elsewhere for the item. no use ordering somthing and get a "not in stock" some days later.
has anyone been in contact with them lately? he is one of the few dealers left in the usa.
amigakit has good products, but the shipping prices are "outta sight".

thanks much
james portsmouth va :-?  :-D

I bought a Cybervision64 from them a few weeks ago. Got it quickly.

However I did get the "not in stock" experience as I ordered a GVP SIMM along that was listed as being in stock and I was told they supply problems with these.

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2007, 12:43:43 PM »
Hmmm, I emailed them a couple of weeks ago to ask if they had an Algor in stock. I received a reply within the hour.

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline Jeff

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Jeff
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2007, 01:11:04 PM »
Every time I actually place an order with them I either get the merchandise quickly or a reply stating that they don't have it in stock.  However, if I email them to ask a question, or try and contact them by phone I don't usually get a reply. So, I usually just place the order and wait. It has always worked out so far...

Good Luck,
Jeff

Offline countzero

• Show only replies by countzero
    • http://blog.coze.org
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2007, 01:16:33 PM »
I placed an order for gvp simms many moons ago after repeated failures of communication. no reply, no information, nothing ...
I believe in mt. Fuji

Offline Amigaz

• Show only replies by Amigaz
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2007, 01:28:39 PM »

countzero wrote:
I placed an order for gvp simms many moons ago after repeated failures of communication. no reply, no information, nothing ...

Have had the same experience with them when I asked them about ZIP ram for my A3000 about 3 years ago..so I thought it was no point bothering them anymore

Same thing happened with another US Amiga dealer...can't remember if it was Mr Hardware Computers which I believe is totally dead now but this was also about 3 years ago

Maybe the US Amiga shops are only for US customers, who knows  :roll:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Amiga 4000T - A3640 '040
Amiga 4000 - CS MKIII
Amiga 1200 - Blizzard 1230 MKIV
Amiga 1200 - Stock
Amiga CD32 - TF360
A bunch of ol' A500's

Offline Vlabguy1

• Show only replies by Vlabguy1
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2007, 01:35:58 PM »
I ordered a few things from him about a month ago..and everything worked out GREAT.  Email and even phone convo..was just perfect!!
Perhaps he is on a vacation??

I will buy from him again, and soon..as Im getting my list together :-)

Offline Jeff

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Jeff
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2007, 01:56:04 PM »
The last conversation I had with them they stated that the Amiga side of the business was just a "hobby" for them now since they can't make enough money selling Amiga products anymore to earn a living.  The Amiga stuff they do is supported by the "PC" side of the business. They were working on some PC games I think. I even checked out that web site once, but I can't find it now.

Perhaps they just don't always find the time to reply quickly? Overall my results have always been positive with them even though sometimes communication can be lacking.

I bought a used Warp Engine a while ago for a very fair price and it turned out it was DOA. I sent it back, and when they couldn't have it repaired they refunded my money without any hassle.  

Good Luck,
Jeff

Offline Ilwrath

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2007, 01:57:20 PM »
Software Hut has occasionally been slow to respond, but I've never had them not get back to me.  I've also never ever had a problem with their service.  (They either have what I want and get it to me in a reasonable time, or admit they don't have it.)

They do seem to have a bit more listed on their site than they actually stock (or even have a hope of stocking), nowadays.  I guess I can't blame them, though.  Not really much (any) of a market left.

Offline Amigaz

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2007, 02:35:11 PM »

Ilwrath wrote:
Software Hut has occasionally been slow to respond, but I've never had them not get back to me.  I've also never ever had a problem with their service.  (They either have what I want and get it to me in a reasonable time, or admit they don't have it.)

They do seem to have a bit more listed on their site than they actually stock (or even have a hope of stocking), nowadays.  I guess I can't blame them, though.  Not really much (any) of a market left.

Since only US people have responded with positive feedback on them it seems they don't prioritize non US citizens
 :roll:
Amiga 4000T - A3640 '040
Amiga 4000 - CS MKIII
Amiga 1200 - Stock
Amiga CD32 - TF360
A bunch of ol' A500's

Offline Debaser

• Show only replies by Debaser
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2007, 04:00:16 PM »
 ...[/quote]

Same thing happened with another US Amiga dealer...can't remember if it was Mr Hardware Computers which I believe is totally dead now but this was also about 3 years ago

Maybe the US Amiga shops are only for US customers, who knows  :roll: [/quote]

Mr. Hardware Computers is still operational and open for business. Though last time the site was updated was in Nov. of '06 I think. The owner, Russ Norrby, just posted a message on our user group's mailing list - and verified that he is still in business. Probably best to email availability questions them them first.

http://www.mrhardwarecomputers.com/

Perhaps its Compuquick in Columbus, Ohio that might be out
of biz - anyone know?

Offline pyrre

« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2007, 04:00:28 PM »
You could try to get in contact with datakompaniet it is a Norwegian webshop. In the early days they had some nifty amiga parts. Though they don't advertise it on the site.  they may have something laying around. I you know specific what to ask for... Maybe someone could be lucky there...
(last time I spoke to them they had some BVisions in stock, and I do believe they got some leftover GVP simms...)
Amiga 1200 Tower Os 3.9
BPPC 603e+ 040-25/200, 256MBram, BVIsionPPC, Indivision AGA MK2.
Amiga 2000 (rev 4.0) Os 1.2/1.3
2088 bridgeboard, 2MB ram card, 2091 SCSI.
Amiga 500+ Os 2.1
Derringer 030, 32MBram, Buddha in sidecar, Indivision ECS.
Amiga CD32
Video decoder

Offline Amigaz

« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2007, 04:56:40 PM »

pyrre wrote:
You could try to get in contact with datakompaniet it is a Norwegian webshop. In the early days they had some nifty amiga parts. Though they don't advertise it on the site.  they may have something laying around. I you know specific what to ask for... Maybe someone could be lucky there...
(last time I spoke to them they had some BVisions in stock, and I do believe they got some leftover GVP simms...)

Didn't know they had removed the Amiga shop section...actually bought some stuff from them 3-4 years ago
Amiga 4000T - A3640 '040
Amiga 4000 - CS MKIII
Amiga 1200 - Stock
Amiga CD32 - TF360
A bunch of ol' A500's

Offline 4pLaY

• Show only replies by 4pLaY
    • https://www.amigalife.org
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2007, 05:07:07 PM »
You can reach theyr Amiga section using Amiga.no

Offline AmiKit

« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2007, 05:12:48 PM »
@AMIGAZ
Since only US people have responded with positive feedback on them it seems they don't prioritize non US citizens

I got a reply from SoftwareHut, it was about half a year ago or so. Your "US only" hypothesis is wrong :-)
Maybe your emails were trapped in a spam filter or something...