Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Almost Sold My Amiga Stuff Four times  (Read 1843 times)

Description:

Offline KThunder

• Show only replies by KThunder
Re: Almost Sold My Amiga Stuff Four times
« Reply #14 from previous page: April 27, 2006, 04:10:10 PM »
BTW dont sell all your amigas. i have sold off amiga stuff but never everything because i know i would regret it. I f you need money sell some stuff maybe one of your systems, im sure there are people here who would give you a fair price ( not me im close to broke too)
Oh yeah?!?
Well your stupid bit is set,
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2006, 06:33:09 PM »
Hey, the man is as much entitled to slagging off the president of the USA as much as you are entitled to defend him =).

Anyway, a way I sometimes cope with feeling down with grim job/study/life opportunities is just comparing my level of prosperity with people in African slums or the oppressed people in North Korea or whatever.

Just realise even though you're struggling it's not half as bad as the majority of the human has to cope with.

@Tomas:
Totally agree with your view on the standard of Norwegian roads. They can be *very* bad. Another thing are those stupid speedbumps here, no way to spot them in the dark until you crash your frontaxle on them at 50 km/h. :pissed:

Offline KThunder

« Reply #16 on: April 27, 2006, 09:20:36 PM »
most people in most free countries are entitled to say what they want about their leaders. msny think that they have to, they really dont. the american system has been working and working well for well over 200 years. presidents have been making mistakes and doing good things for over 200 years. if some americans openly and very publicly disrespect the institution that we consider important enough to consider every 4 years and talk about constantly, what should the rest of the world think.

put it anouther way, this guy apearantly thinks that his life sucks all because of the president, the president is so important and capable that every decision affects our every day. if the position is that important  for hundreds of millions of people dont you think it deserves some respect? Presidents are elected to represent us the people who voted weather or not they voted for the man, the office represents them
Oh yeah?!?
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline Tomas

• Show only replies by Tomas
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2006, 10:52:15 PM »
too late for me you pissed me off with your first post, you want to slag off our President fine. dont do it on a website that is frequented my many people in other countries.

Why do you have to take this personally?? Slagging of the president has nothing to do with the people living in this said country? I myself dislike Bush alot for his international politics, but i have nothing against the American people.

I also hate the politicians in my country as well.

Offline KThunder

« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2006, 12:01:13 AM »
he said hed stop before he pissed anyone off i said it was too late and said why. if you read the last part of my post i told him he should look for help. financial and depression councellors can help people who are having problems and can help get people back on track.
im glad you have nothing against the american people i have nothing against norwegians.  a good friend of mine spent almost a year in norway, he said the roads there are almost as bad as here in NY, but the country is beautiful. our roads are bad but the construction to fix them is almost as bad.
Oh yeah?!?
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline justthatgoodTopic starter

• Show only replies by justthatgood
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2006, 12:10:56 AM »
Err, that is the 1st Amendment right that my mom, dad and various other people in my family and others served in the military to defend and uphold. I know other people that are in the military that don't care for the president. I'm sorry, I'm not going to lie and act like every thing is so peachy because people think that anything other then blind nationalism is taboo.

So there are people that are from other countries that come to this website, so what?  That just means I can get input from another prospective. I DON'T, and I WON'T follow blindly into any nationalistic, fascist ideals, just because it's suppose to be the right thing to do :argue:. Most people don't realize that Bush and his "friends" might now have anything to do directly to affect oil prices, but you know they did contribute to some cause and effect stuff. The stuff has been spit out ad nauseam so I'm not going to even waste the keystrokes going over it. To think anything less is to live in denial.

My so called "depression" is simply a symptom of actually seeing what is going on in the world, and not being naive. Some people don't see how the deck is being stack, but they will get it when the cards get dealt.

:-x Err, I don't have any idea how to even display my disgust in the way things are being operated, without being either unprofessional, obscene, or violent. So I guess I'm just going to wait until we get a new Next Gen Amiga gaming system that is fully fiber optic networking compatible.

:madashell:  :lol:  :madashell:  Beelzebub will be opening his own ice cream/frozen yogurt store when that happens.
[color=008000]Pluto[/color]:Amiga4KD- 64040/16megs/1GB WD/PAR 2150/1942/WB3.0,3.1,3.9
[color=800080]Amanda[/color]:Amiga2KHD/A2620/8MegSupraRam2k/A2091/VLab

Offline KThunder

« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2006, 12:20:56 AM »

justthatgood wrote:
Err, that is the 1st Amendment right that my mom, dad and various other people in my family and others served in the military to defend and uphold. I know other people that are in the military that don't care for the president. I'm sorry, I'm not going to lie and act like every thing is so peachy because people think that anything other then blind nationalism is taboo.

yes the first amendment its a good one and one of the most abused right we have, but thats not what im talking about. if all you show is your dirty laundry everyone will think you are a scumbag and have no clean clothes (thats what my grandma said... well something like that.)
you are having some financial problems join the club paople around the world have financial problems. in your fist to posts you put most of the blame on the "little man in the big white house" i have a rash on my butt i wonder why "dubbya" did to cause that ( i actually dont have a rash on my butt, it was an exaple of stuff people blame the President for) (ok an obviously fake example)
Oh yeah?!?
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline justthatgoodTopic starter

• Show only replies by justthatgood
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2006, 12:36:38 AM »
In my first post I blamed a presidential administration. That's right, that's more then one person to hold accountable. So I hit some drunk guy in a parking lot because I didn't check the brakes in my car, and couldn't stop. I didn't mean to hit him, but my foolishness and lack of forethought caused a situation that resulted in injury of some sort.

So by bringing me to court is the guy( even though he was intoxicated) blaming me. No not really, he is holding my butt accountable to the actions my carelessness caused. Politicians are not deities, so peoople need to quit treating them as such. They are not perfect, and people need to quit shouting at people that point out the obvious as "blamers, whiners, etc."

Plus, I never did say that "little man in the big white house" was GW Bush. Then I would say the {bleep}y, brash officer in chief living in the White House. Proper names, and very specific words. Top of mind thinking is very dangerous. People start to assume stuff.
[color=008000]Pluto[/color]:Amiga4KD- 64040/16megs/1GB WD/PAR 2150/1942/WB3.0,3.1,3.9
[color=800080]Amanda[/color]:Amiga2KHD/A2620/8MegSupraRam2k/A2091/VLab

Offline Marco

• Show only replies by Marco
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2006, 12:49:44 AM »
KThunder: most of us in other countries hate your president and your collective government more than justthatgood does. The actions of your government have created a situation in which my countrymen have been subjected to terrorist attacks, we don't want that sh*t and it's the fault of your government, and our government for being so retarded as to follow them.

The Iraq War has led directly to the increase in crude prices around the world, I've watched the figures go up and up to an all time high.

justthatgood - don't sell your Miggies man, you will seriously regret it later on, and the few hundred $ you might get will not last long and you'll be still in the same situation as before, only worse as you wont be able to tinker with Amigas anymore. If what Plaz said is true then maybe moving to where the work is available might be your only option.
[color=6666FF]Iu he nesciti, u dia cun l\\\'urbu azurru, di parinti barbari, \\\'ntre u bunu i virtuusu Cimmiriu[/color][/b]
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Offline KThunder

« Reply #23 on: April 28, 2006, 12:53:39 AM »
sounds like you have quite a bit of stuff going on. i hope it all works out. like anouther poster put it get a plan and get going. i think he said move out of indianna. i wouldnt say that as ive never been to indianna. ten years ago or so i was having a pretty rough time. it took me awhile but i found a descent job and am a bit better off now. its been 4 amigas since then.
pluto would probably get quite a bit of money, wouldnt it? ive gotten "project" amigas several times.
btw never once did i SHOUT or say that Mr. Bush was perfect.
right or wrong marco you are significantly easier to ignore
Oh yeah?!?
and its read only!
(my best geek putdown)

Offline Marco

• Show only replies by Marco
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2006, 01:27:37 AM »
Easier to ignore than what? You should try and avoid non-sequiters like that, people start making dodgy assumptions. Of course I can only make an assumption, that you intend to metaphorically 'cover your ears' about my comments, and that's your right, but don't expect to get a rise from me, it's only the internet, not life and death like 7/7 was.

I apologise justthatgood for the thread hijack, I truly hope you can recover from your money-woes, as my father always says: in boca lupo
(in the wolf's mouth - apparently it means good luck, not sure how though :-?)
[color=6666FF]Iu he nesciti, u dia cun l\\\'urbu azurru, di parinti barbari, \\\'ntre u bunu i virtuusu Cimmiriu[/color][/b]
09 F9 11 02 9D 74 E3 5B D8 41 56 C5 63 56 88 C0

Offline Plaz

« Reply #25 on: April 28, 2006, 01:54:18 AM »
. i think he said move out of indianna

'Twas I. And though the moving comment was a bit "tounge-in-cheek", I was serious about concidering it. My comment also puts heavy emphasis on getting more training any way you can to improve the job prospects without moving. I have many close friends and family that still live there, but I had to get the heck out.

@JustThatGood
It seems you have legal problems beyond what simple advice here can help. So I'll just add my moral support and wish you well. I hope your comments on the thread arn't admissable in court. :inquisitive:

@Thread
Don't like your gov'ment? Stop complaining and start your own. :cheers:

Plaz