Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore - On the Edge  (Read 659 times)

Description:

Offline yester64Topic starter

Commodore - On the Edge
« on: January 11, 2006, 07:12:23 PM »
I just finished reading this book and i have to tell you, its good.
Some of the information i knew, some not.
But its sad, that i actually was possible for Commodore to be in the market, but just got screwd up by several things.

1) Irving Gould
2) almost non existing Advertising
3) Managment Failures (especially done by Mehdi Ali & Snyder)
4) Jack Tramiel (by cheating Retailer's)

I only wished, that the book would lighten a little bit more other Commodore Subsidies like Germany and UK.
Quailityissues came to surface too, as i remember myself asking a Commodore Rep. at a Computerfaire at Cologne about why my Rev B. board from a A2000 had somehow problems. He just responded that their using the board to play frisbie.

I still believe that the Amiga had could taken other directions and perhaps suceeded. Even outplaced the pc. At one point it was defenetly a possibilty.

I also believe that as of today, there will be no other company comming out with a groundbreaking technoligy like Amiga and compete against PC & Apple. Its just a thing of the past.

Now with major support for the PC, we only have the PC as the first choice. Especially since all Games are released on PC first, later portet (maybe) to Apple.

So, it is sad in retrospective and i truly had tears in my innerst at i was reading the last pages.
It was my second computer and i really enjoyed all stuff i was doing with.
Today, its just a computer from the past and i even if there are attempts to make a new hardware, its just not the Amiga anymore. The spirit is gone...

For anybody who truly loved the Amiga and was a C= freak, you should read this book, since it is the only one around to tell the truth about Commodores groundbreaking advances in the early computerage. :cry:  :cry: