Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga 4000(T)ower for sale  (Read 2523 times)

Description: anoucement

Offline thomas vivetTopic starter

• Show only replies by thomas vivet
    • http://sayasupacrew.free.fr
Amiga 4000(T)ower for sale
« on: November 02, 2023, 02:35:51 PM »
Description I am selling an Amiga 4000 in a Quikpak tower (I have the original tower which will be supplied for sale (if requested),
see in the photos, it weighs 10 kilograms),
it is currently in a transparent tower,
support and battery new,
it is equipped with an accelerator card from the Eagle 68060 brand equipped with an FPU and MMU (possibility of putting SCSI 2 or 3 in hardware update)
with 128 MB EDO 60 nano seconds,
on the card accelerator, which increases the speed even more. (as Normal this passes through the motherboard and goes down to 14 megahertz),
there is an xsurf 1 ethernet network card,
a Picasso IV graphics card and PLCC scandoubler and new capacitors,
a prelude model sound card with a DSP for playing MP3 files (not available)
and there is a Vario card for the fast serial and parallel port,
the capacitors have been replaced on the motherboard (recaping).
Quikpak keyboard identical to the Amiga 2000 and 3000 model (Din socket, not mini din)
and a commodore mouse are provided. (The photos are taken at different periods of the migration towards the transparent tower, take this into account)

https://photos.app.goo.gl/127NxNCXYoNFCPAa8
« Last Edit: November 05, 2023, 09:33:23 PM by thomas vivet »

Offline mechy

Re: Amiga 4000(T)ower for sale
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2023, 08:48:01 PM »
Nice setup but you didn' t post your location or price?  :-\

Offline don27dog

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2023, 11:09:02 PM »
I will offer you one hundred dollars to save it from going to the dumpster...
Amiga 4000D Cyberstorm PPC 150Mhz, 68060 50 Mhz, 128Meg Ram, IndivisionAGA, Deneb USB Controller, Zorram 256, Os3.9/Os4.0 Classic
Amiga 3000T Warp Engine 4040, Elbox FastATA Controller, Progressive Perpherals ProRam3000 64Meg, Mediator, VoodooIII, Os3.9

Offline RhoSigma

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2023, 12:29:12 AM »
According to his website link (below the avatar) he's in France, and I think the least price tag would be around 1200-1300 euros, when looking on the given specs. And this would not closly honor the work and efforts he put into replacing the capacitors and stuff.

Offline miggyretro

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2023, 05:39:46 PM »
He has also posted this over on RetropassionUK’s Forum (Formally known as EAB). He wants 1800 for it apparently?  :-\

« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2023, 04:14:17 PM »
_the QPk tower
_the motherboard, two daughter cards, audio video and parallel serial and scsi (scsi, I don't know 2 or 3)
_a PSU ATX adapter to the A4000 motherboard socket (from amikit, I think)
_the Eagle 68060 processor card, the EDO ram, four 32 MB strips, the fixing spacers.

1800E

Offline hese7

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2023, 04:51:38 PM »
Warning to all other users when considering doing any deals with user "thomas vivet" (aka "sayasupacrew" on English Amiga Board).
He sells defective hardware.

The sales thread containing an A4000T computer and expansion cards such as Delfina Plus and Delfina Lite:
https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=116101

I have bought the Delfina Plus and Delfina Lite cards from the seller. Prior sending payment I explictly asked from the seller that are both cards fully working. The seller confirmed that both cards are working. After that I sent the payment for the cards.

I received the cards today. I inspected them and the Delfina Plus card has a burned component, ispLSI1032 chip. The card is faulty and is not detected when installed to the computer. The card is completely unusable and not repairable because that ispLSI chip contains proprietary program code which is not available and thus the chip can't be replaced.

I would have not bought the cards if I knew that either of the cards do not work.

The seller has betrayed my trust and sold the cards dishonestly. He must have been aware that the Delfina Plus card is not working. I want the deal to be cancelled and the payment to be refunded in full. Including the shipping fees when returning the cards back to the seller.

The two attachments shows the burned ispLSI chip of Delfina Plus card. The chip has bulges on top of the chip and there is also a crack on the middle of the chip, which are clear indications that the chip is burned.

I have filed a PayPal case regarding this transaction and expecting the seller to refund the payment in full and also cover the return shipping of the items.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 04:54:08 PM by hese7 »

The following users thanked this post: Boing-ball

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2023, 05:26:06 PM »
Warning to all other users when considering doing any deals with user "thomas vivet" (aka "sayasupacrew" on English Amiga Board).
He sells defective hardware.

The sales thread containing an A4000T computer and expansion cards such as Delfina Plus and Delfina Lite:
https://eab.abime.net/showthread.php?t=116101

I have bought the Delfina Plus and Delfina Lite cards from the seller. Prior sending payment I explictly asked from the seller that are both cards fully working. The seller confirmed that both cards are working. After that I sent the payment for the cards.

I received the cards today. I inspected them and the Delfina Plus card has a burned component, ispLSI1032 chip. The card is faulty and is not detected when installed to the computer. The card is completely unusable and not repairable because that ispLSI chip contains proprietary program code which is not available and thus the chip can't be replaced.

I would have not bought the cards if I knew that either of the cards do not work.

The seller has betrayed my trust and sold the cards dishonestly. He must have been aware that the Delfina Plus card is not working. I want the deal to be cancelled and the payment to be refunded in full. Including the shipping fees when returning the cards back to the seller.

The two attachments shows the burned ispLSI chip of Delfina Plus card. The chip has bulges on top of the chip and there is also a crack on the middle of the chip, which are clear indications that the chip is burned.

I have filed a PayPal case regarding this transaction and expecting the seller to refund the payment in full and also cover the return shipping of the items.

Thanks for the heads up. A lot of dodgy deals are on RetropassionUK’s forum (Formally EAB). Some guy from Japan thought he bought something and it didn’t turn up. That user disappeared  :( 

Offline AndyFC

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2023, 05:30:57 PM »
Boing-ball and miggyretro, I get the idea that you have an issue with EAB/ RetropassionUK.

Does that make it necessary to raise it at every opportunity across multiple threads?

Amiga.org is generally a pleasant board and I'd love to see it stay that way
« Last Edit: November 14, 2023, 05:34:28 PM by AndyFC »
A1200 in DIY Tower. 3.2 ROMs (softkicking 3.2.2), OS 3.2.2 with ClassicWB, CF card, CD RW and IDE to SD adapter running off the internal IDE port (using the A4000 4-port IDE adapter from Amigakit), Pistorm 32 lite with Pi4/2GB/Emu68 or Blizzard 1230-IV, with 32MB 60ns RAM and 50MHz 68882 FPU. 3COM PCMCIA Network card running with Miami DX.
MorphOS on PowerMac G5 and ATI 9600 pro

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2023, 09:05:05 PM »
Happy to keep it that way Bud….  ;D

« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2023, 03:42:26 PM »
helle every one.

back in France I will take HD photos.

Sy

Added new photos on the gg photos link, the original tower case.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2023, 02:18:44 PM by thomas vivet »