Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Vesalia Revisited  (Read 5832 times)

Description:

Offline JagabotTopic starter

• Show only replies by Jagabot
    • http://www.amigadeals.com
Vesalia Revisited
« on: April 29, 2005, 02:14:57 AM »
I ordered a few CD32 CDROM drives from them waaaaay back in September. [Woohoo replacement drives for the 3 CD32's I have sitting here! Or so I thought...] Here it is the end of April and still nothing.

Just thought I'd mention it incase anyone else still thinks they're "great" -- right now I don't think too highly of them. I'd like to go on imaginging that they shipped it and it's still stuck in the Canada Customs backlog, but 6 months is really starting to feel like, "It was never shipped, thanks for your money though!" :-(

I'll be certain to update this post if their package arrives in the next couple weeks however.  :-D  
If I have military spec stuff listed on eBay, you can find it here  :-)

Offline billchase

• Show only replies by billchase
Re: Vesalia Revisited
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2005, 03:46:04 AM »
I hate to ask an obvious question, but have you contacted
them?  They are usually pretty good about responding.

C Snyder

Offline koaftder

• Show only replies by koaftder
    • http://koft.net
« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2005, 03:56:52 AM »

Jagabot wrote:
I ordered a few CD32 CDROM drives from them waaaaay back in September. [Woohoo replacement drives for the 3 CD32's I have sitting here! Or so I thought...] Here it is the end of April and still nothing.

Just thought I'd mention it incase anyone else still thinks they're "great" -- right now I don't think too highly of them. I'd like to go on imaginging that they shipped it and it's still stuck in the Canada Customs backlog, but 6 months is really starting to feel like, "It was never shipped, thanks for your money though!" :-(

I'll be certain to update this post if their package arrives in the next couple weeks however.  :-D  

It's wierd. "Vesalia" immediately brings up the following metadata in my mind, "thief", "lame", "took my money", "dishonest", among others. I dont even know whats the deal with Vesalia. Ive never ordered anything from there. I see they have a web store, with a selection of products. Ive never read a single post anywhere putting them in a good light.

If it wasnt for all the posts from people complaining they got screwed, i suppose i would have never heard of them.

ive been lucky all my amiga purchases on ebay have been good. Now that i said that...

it's wierd, i got amiga floppy discs and drives pushing 20 years that work flawlessly, i cant count how many pc floppys and drives i've tossed in the trash over the years...

Offline Effy

• Show only replies by Effy
« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2005, 05:14:49 AM »
I have never bought from them yet, but I did buy HP server modules in the USA last December (a different kind then the ones I sell) and it took three months for it to get here, and even then I also had to pay heavy custom taxes  :pissed:

Offline amiga4001

• Show only replies by amiga4001
« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2005, 06:54:12 AM »
Ordered multiple items from them never there was a single problem.
Delivering is fast response is good.
Great shop here.

Offline Orjan

• Show only replies by Orjan
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2005, 07:10:04 AM »

I have ordered from them 6 or 7 times without the slightest glitch.. I placed an order just the other day, haven´t recieved it yet, but in a week or two..

Sure, they suck at replying at mail, but otherwise they rule! They have a bunch of stuff in stock I can´t get anywhere else ( that I know of ) and their prices are almost always lower than that of my local Amiga dealer..
\\"Memory is like an orgasm. It\\\'s a lot better if you don\\\'t have to fake it.\\"
- Seymore Cray, on virtual memory.

Offline Framiga

• Show only replies by Framiga
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2005, 09:19:51 AM »
I've ordered a 040 CPU 2 years ago . . . never received.(received only the confirmation e-mail)

I've ordered an A4000T case 3 years ago, received within 10 days without any problem.

So . .  . if your lucky, you'll be OK, otherwise . . .;-)

Offline odin

• Colonization had Galleons
    • Show only replies by odin
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2005, 10:45:11 AM »
As asked before....have people having trouble with them (him?) tried phoning?...

Offline Controller

• Show only replies by Controller
« Reply #8 on: April 29, 2005, 12:35:21 PM »
I have ordered things from Vesalia several times.

I never had a problem with them.

Their delivery was in fact quite faster than I thought.

Controller

Offline K7HTH

• Show only replies by K7HTH
    • http://NewPeopleString.com
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2005, 08:05:01 PM »
Months ago, I placed an order with Vesalia and after no word or product for four weeks I claimed a refund request through PayPal. Herr Quido took a fit, railed my wife on the phone for my action and black listed me on further purchases. I did get my refund though. To think he got soo steamed over 11 Euros! His promise  has led me to conduct all my Amiga business with AmigaKit, Software Hut, and Elbox; all top notch establishments that I owe Vesalia the credit for discovering. Red was great too while he was around.  
Own the Web... Go PeopleString! It\'s Huge!!

Offline Brian

• Show only replies by Brian
    • http://www.syntaxsociety.se
« Reply #10 on: May 30, 2005, 08:21:23 PM »
Ordered 26 items from them on the 12'th of may arrived on the 25th same month (yes same year too). Good service, fast responce to mails, good packaging...

...only bad thing realy was that 2 of the items wasn't picture perfect. One of the A600 dustcovers had been hit so it had a pritty visual mark in the top corner and the A500 CPU break I got had a lose whire that needs to be resoldered to it's switch. Other than that it was all good.

Offline drHirudo

• Show only replies by drHirudo
    • http://hirudov.com
« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2005, 08:45:08 PM »
I order from Vesalia since 1999 and never had any problems with them.
They have the lowest prices and bigest catalog of any Amiga vendor nowadays.

Offline Abou27

• Show only replies by Abou27
    • http://www.renault-agriculture.co.uk/forums/
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2005, 09:42:47 PM »
Another positive report for Vesalia:

Last month, I ordered an Algor Pro USB card from them.  I received within 10 days (to UK). Can't complain about that.  It was my second order from them and both have been completed without any problems.

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2005, 10:31:33 PM »

Abou27 wrote:
Another positive report for Vesalia:

Last month, I ordered an Algor Pro USB card from them.  I received within 10 days (to UK). Can't complain about that.  It was my second order from them and both have been completed without any problems.

I ordered an OS3.9 CD from them, and it arrived in the UK less than a week later.  Very good service, and replied to all my emails quickly.

Offline krize

• Show only replies by krize
    • Horrordelic Records
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2005, 04:31:25 PM »
A positive experience here too; Ordered a 4-Player adapter and recieved it quickly...

But I don`t feel too good about them when I hear all those complains, this is not the first post about them about this subject :(
MacMiniG4 MOS 3.18 rulez ... For music check: Horrordelic Records - Dark Psychedelic Music Since 2011 -