Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Commodore: The Final Years is available  (Read 3510 times)

Description:

Offline Matt_HTopic starter

Commodore: The Final Years is available
« on: July 03, 2019, 03:32:53 AM »
Hi all, I’ve been sidelined away from Amiga stuff for a while but have been lurking a bit to try to keep up to speed on community developments.

I didn’t see another announcement, so I wanted to share that my copy of Commodore: The Final Years arrived via Amazon US this week. I was not expecting it so soon - the wait for The Amiga Years seemed to go on for ages, so this one appearing relatively quickly was an unexpected surprise.

But I’m so far behind that I haven’t even read The Amiga Years yet so it will be a while before I’m able to get to this one. I’m not sure if The Final Years has made it to other distributors yet, but if you want a copy it can now be purchased.

The following users thanked this post: save2600

Offline save2600

• Show only replies by save2600
Re: Commodore: The Final Years is available
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2019, 10:29:48 PM »
Thanks for the heads up! Added this and Commodore: The Amiga Years book to my Amazon birthday wishlist.   :)

Offline outlawal2

« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2019, 04:42:09 PM »
Ordered!

Should be here sometime today
Thanks for the headsup!
 :D

Offline dudeslife

• Show only replies by dudeslife
« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2019, 08:44:15 PM »
still waiting on the kindle version of Amiga Years..

Offline AmiBoy

« Reply #4 on: July 06, 2019, 01:19:42 PM »
My kickstarter backed copy turned up yesterday - A flick through and its really awesome, love the extra pen and business cards I got from the kickstarter.

A part of me is hesitant to read it tho given how angry and upset it could make me reading through all the mistakes they made and the incompetence shown throughout the upper levels of the company and what could have been if they

As the computer is a big part of my childhood (C64 - A500 - A1200 - Towered supped-up A1200) it brings back lots of great memories thinking back to the very late 80's early 90's.

Escom A1200, Power Tower, OS3.9 & BB2, HD-Floppy drive, Mediator PCI, Voodoo 3 3000 16MB, Soundblaster 4.1, TV Tuner Card, 10/100MBit Ethernet card, Apollo 68060 66MHz with 64MB, 9.5Gig HD and 52xCDRom

Also one spare unworking bare A1200

Offline cgutjahr

• Show only replies by cgutjahr
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 06:37:02 PM »
still waiting on the kindle version of Amiga Years..
A DRM free epub has been available from Bagnall's own company for ages, that's where I purchased it.

You'd still have to convert that to Amazon's proprietary format, but that's your fault for using DRM riddled hardware ;) and there's free tools available for that job.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 08:43:03 PM by cgutjahr »

Offline Tygre

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 09:58:18 PM »
My kickstarter backed copy turned up yesterday - A flick through and its really awesome, love the extra pen and business cards I got from the kickstarter.

Same here! Big thanks to Brian Bagnall for his amazing work!!!

Cheers!