Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FPGA Amiga  (Read 4970 times)

Description:

Offline grond

• Show only replies by grond
Re: FPGA Amiga
« Reply #164 from previous page: January 25, 2018, 12:39:55 PM »
Quote from: kolla;835322
I doubt it, since it is not related to one system or one power supply.

If it is not the power supply or a loose connection of the Vampire to the Amiga mainboard, then it would seem your Vampire is faulty. On the recent cores like Gold 2 and 2.5 the Vampires are 100% stable unless, you know, the obvious: MMU and FPU software. You might want to contact your seller about the card.

Offline grond

« Reply #165 on: January 25, 2018, 01:42:20 PM »
Quote from: grond;835376
If it is not the power supply or a loose connection of the Vampire to the Amiga mainboard, then it would seem your Vampire is faulty. On the recent cores like Gold 2 and 2.5 the Vampires are 100% stable unless, you know, the obvious: MMU and FPU software. You might want to contact your seller about the card.

Oh, and another common error is not configuring the IDE max transfer setting correctly.

Offline Chucky

« Reply #166 on: January 25, 2018, 01:50:02 PM »
Well  I did not think my vampire was anytthing close to "stable"  but then I haven't even bothered to boot it since 1 year.. but I haveheard of others having "strange issues" but going back to 020 or 030 again (their old turbocard)  everything was stable again.

so it seems to be what software you actuallty use in your amiga.
(OK yes.  over 1 year. much have happend so I guess it would be somewhat more stable if  I upradedmine and tested again)

Offline Acill

« Reply #167 on: January 25, 2018, 03:11:30 PM »
Quote from: Chucky;835379
Well  I did not think my vampire was anytthing close to "stable"  but then I haven't even bothered to boot it since 1 year.. but I haveheard of others having "strange issues" but going back to 020 or 030 again (their old turbocard)  everything was stable again.

so it seems to be what software you actuallty use in your amiga.
(OK yes.  over 1 year. much have happend so I guess it would be somewhat more stable if  I upradedmine and tested again)

Not much if any updates have come out over the last year, so you are not missing anything new from what I have seen. Plenty of elite beta testers showing off what everyone else cant have though.
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

Offline grond

« Reply #168 on: January 25, 2018, 03:31:58 PM »
Quote from: Acill;835383
Not much if any updates have come out over the last year, so you are not missing anything new from what I have seen. Plenty of elite beta testers showing off what everyone else cant have though.

Well, we went through this before and Chucky's Vampires are at some Silver core while we are at Gold 2 /2.5 now...