Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Does have a Scala MM Key?  (Read 3908 times)

Description:

Does have a Scala MM Key?
« on: October 02, 2002, 04:38:00 PM »
I'm just wondering if between you hackers and crackers if you had a Scala MM key.

Here is how it is.  I have the two books for Scala Multimedia 200 with the 210 upgrade, with all original 8 disks, but the manual was talking about a red key that goes in the joystick port  :-o , oh crap no key.

Well i tried talking to Scala (stupid mistake), and they told me to the discontinued Amiga stuff and sold it all to Soft Hut.  So I wrote Soft Hut (another stupid mistake), to see if they had those keys, they said they only had enough for the copies they had, but I could glady spend $100 for Scala MM 400

Well that is my AmigaOne money, or my getting drunk because I really think my job sucks money, so I can't give that up yet.

So do any of you have a red key , or at least know the resistor values to the key ( think there was a keyless Scala, but I'm not sure.)

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
Re: Does have a Scala MM Key?
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2002, 05:46:15 PM »
Date:  Wed Feb 14, 2001  9:22 am
Subject:  Re: AMIGA FAQ: I have an older version of Scala for the Amiga (prior to MM300 or IC400). Will it work on an A1200 or A4000?

On 13-Feb-01, Brian Eastburn wrote:

>
> PLEASE NOTE : SCALA BROADCAST MULTIMEDIA, INC. NO
> LONGER SUPPORTS AMIGA PRODUCTS... Software Hut, Inc.
> purchased all remaining inventories of Scala's Amiga
> products in 1996. As part of the contract for the sale
> Software Hut is responsible for all customer support,
> if any, that it wishes to extend to its customers.

So its ok for me to download scala, excellent,

thank you scala

Regards
--
Don Cox
doncox@e...

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2002, 06:04:36 PM »
I have pity for you man....it wouldnt be piracy if you did get a copy of it ...since Scala basically said 'we dont care' ....i talked to them a while back and they basically said 'if you can find a crack scal mm for amigas yours'....so who knows...

Offline Johan

• Show only replies by Johan
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2002, 10:11:20 PM »
---I'm just wondering if between you hackers and crackers if you had a Scala MM key.---

Once upon a time, when there were still Amiga mags around, there was a mag which had ScalaMM300 on their coverdisk. Dongle free and fully functional!

I think I have two of such cdroms, and if so, I'd be glad to make you happy with one of them. That is: if you care for it.

Oto: I do have a home-built dongle for MM300. We had an A4000 with MM300 and when it was stolen, Scala wouldn't provide us with a replacement dongle, even though we had the original floppys and registration cards. But somehow I found a way to make our own dongle. Illegal, that was, at that time. but now, when Scala gave up further development of MM, I wonder how illegal it would be today.

But I think you still can buy MM400, which is dongle free and not too expensive.

Johan Banis
Netherlands
~~~/\\__Flevoland___/\\~~~

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2002, 10:53:11 PM »
Err, I hope I wasn't being called a pirate...  Geez like all my software is legite (okay except that one copy of ArtWorx Strip Poker I had when I was 12 years old  :-D )

Yeah because I got that Scala Package along with a huge amount of other Amiga things from eBay and what not a long time ago, and didn't just want to let it go to waste.

Offline Castellen

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2002, 11:30:36 PM »
The dongle is very easy to make, two resistors form a potential
divider to produce a certain voltage which is read by the computer's A
to D converter, which is read by Scala.

Here's a nice budget picture for you:
ftp://mp3:mp3@amiga.serveftp.net/Uploads_here/ScalaDongle.jpg

Give me a yell if you get stuck.

Anthony.

Offline The_Editor

• Show only replies by The_Editor
« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2002, 10:06:55 PM »
I've got a dongle free version of " InfoChannel" kicking about round here somewhere
The Reluctant Pom