Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOne released  (Read 4321 times)

Description:

Offline Rodney

• Show all replies
    • http://donthaveone.com/
Re: Woho!! AmigaOne released
« on: November 01, 2002, 01:24:07 PM »
Well obviously this is fantastic news. Unfortunatly, the world wont take notice untill the OS is ready for the hardware. Soon, very soon, it shall all come together. I hope we can manage to get back a few BeOS converts (those who used AmigaOS and converted to BeOS).

At least now, we shouldnt have as much if any shrinkage in the Amiga Community. This is a time to grow. We wont grow alot, but even a little bit would be good for everyone.
We are not Humans having a spirital experiance
We are Spirits having a Human experiance.

Offline Rodney

• Show all replies
    • http://donthaveone.com/
Re: Woho!! AmigaOne released
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2002, 03:40:30 PM »

Isn't the BeOS closer to death than the AmigaOS? Sure, parts of it are now incorporated into the PalmOS, but at least we're getting new machines and a new OS. And soon a brand-spanking new A1 G4 @ 800 MHZ. Excuse me while I faint again. *thud*

Well, thats my point. BeOS is dead, the platform is getting old (mind you, the OS is far more advanced than Amiga and still more advanced in certain areas compared to Windows and MacOSX[from what i've heard]). The system is very usable, but as time goes on, is unable to run on some hardware.

AmigaOS and A1 coudl mean a new platform for these people. However, OpenBeOS could also be the savour. But, i wonder if they'll manage to get the big corps to port their software? Open Source projects dont have a lot of luck with that. So a commercial alternative might be a good bet.

AmigaOS is in a good position to steal a few.

BeOS has been refered quite often as AmigaOS's brother/son/daughter - relation or something like that. So many people see a link, and may very well look at AmigaOS before anything else.
We are not Humans having a spirital experiance
We are Spirits having a Human experiance.