Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Octagon 2000 Issues...  (Read 705 times)

Description:

Offline DiskChrisTopic starter

• Show only replies by DiskChris
Octagon 2000 Issues...
« on: March 01, 2013, 11:58:10 PM »
I've got an octagon 2000 card which doesn't seem to recognize hard drives any more.  It all started a few months ago when I was working in my amiga, and I broke the scsi cable.  Only one of the plastic brackets broke off, so I attempted to use the cable anyway and got a scsi phase error.  No problem I thought, so I ordered another scsi cable off the internet.  Now, when I try to boot with my hard drive plugged in, the computer just hangs, while hd light stays on.  I can hear the drive spin up.  And I know the problem is with the controller because I was able to read the drive fine with my pc (even used the same cable).  UAE was able to boot right off the image I made.  And to be doubly sure, I tried booting off of a second hard drive with the same result...

Offline Zac67

• Show only replies by Zac67
Re: Octagon 2000 Issues...
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, 11:52:05 AM »
Check SCSI pin 26 for +5V (termpower) - possibly a short having killed the fuse or a trace. You can also try supplying termpower from the drive (if possible).
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 11:55:05 AM by Zac67 »

Offline DiskChrisTopic starter

• Show only replies by DiskChris
Re: Octagon 2000 Issues...
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 09:15:34 PM »
Actually, it turned out to be a jumper setting on the board...It was jumpered as having 8 MB of ram installed, when in reality it had none.  Interesting that it worked to begin with, because I don't remember changing anything. Oh well...