Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: CD32 games in PAL only Argghh!  (Read 903 times)

Description:

Offline TjLaZerTopic starter

CD32 games in PAL only Argghh!
« on: April 16, 2004, 02:51:36 AM »
Why are some games forced into PAL mode when they are not using the PAL screen?  Brian the Lion CD32 comes to mind!  I cannot play this at all on my NTSC TV.  But when I hooked it up to my 1084 monitor it worked, but had the dreaded 2" gap at the bottom of the screen...  Don't get it...
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline Lo

• Show only replies by Lo
Re: CD32 games in PAL only Argghh!
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2004, 04:46:48 AM »
Which rom are you using? Some allow an early startup for PAL mode.  I remember, tho' that my C= 1080 had a coarse vertical  size pot behind the CRT, so I drilled a hole for that and the focus pot and was able to get those pal-only games to display ok.  There may be way better solutions now.(?)
[color=0000CC]GVP 060 @50 Pwr Twr [/color][color=FF0000]AMD_Amithlon_UAE[/color]

Offline Rebel-CD32

• Show only replies by Rebel-CD32
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2004, 07:01:36 AM »
Yeah, I hate that too, I'm in PAL land, but I have these PAL games that are converted from NTSC, so they have around 56 lines missing from the bottom. I like the games that allow you to choose NTSC or PAL (my TV supports both fortunately).

I read somewhere that you can change it in the boot options, much like an A1200, by holding the mouse buttons down, but I haven't done this yet.
Amiga user forever.

Offline StevenJGore

• Show only replies by StevenJGore
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2004, 09:01:57 AM »
Which rom are you using?

All CD32's use the same ROM, 3.1 (v40.62) I believe.

I read somewhere that you can change it in the boot options, much like an A1200, by holding the mouse buttons down, but I haven't done this yet.

Yep, CD32's have an Amiga Early Startup Menu exactly like the A1200's, where you can change between PAL and NTSC modes. Obviously you need a mouse connected to the CD32 to access it.

Steve.