Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga CD32 200+ compilation ISO?  (Read 7376 times)

Description:

Offline TjLaZerTopic starter

Amiga CD32 200+ compilation ISO?
« on: April 10, 2004, 05:04:11 AM »
Hi I ran across on the net that someone made a 200+ custom game CD for the CD32!  Anyone know where I can download it?

Curios to see how they made it.

Thanks
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline StevenJGore

• Show only replies by StevenJGore
Re: Amiga CD32 200+ compilation ISO?
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2004, 09:21:54 AM »
It's not as good as it sounds, and it's certainly not legal! The games are slimmed-down versions, ie. CD32 titles with videos and CD audio tracks chopped off (ironically resulting in what amounts to just the A1200 version, which is what the CD32 version more than likely started off as!) I wouldn't have a clue where to download a copy, and even if I did, I doubt a link would be allowed here.

Steve.

Offline HE-MAN

• Show only replies by HE-MAN
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2004, 04:32:13 PM »
I think I have that CD to my CD32. If it is that one that contain 200 old amiga games, and some movie clips and so on, it must be that one.

I didn't found it myself at the net, but I found a guy that had it, that sent me a CD with it. So I don't know were to found it on the net, but I recommend it. If I would travel to moon with my cd32 and with one CD, I would choose this one =)

Offline 4pLaY

• Show only replies by 4pLaY
    • https://www.amigalife.org
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2004, 05:28:17 PM »
I found it on the nett once and d/led it! i got to say it was a great compilation even if it was far from legal! anyways i sold it with my CD32.

Offline Rebel-CD32

• Show only replies by Rebel-CD32
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2004, 08:31:52 PM »
Well I have the 100-game CD and it's awesome, weeks and weeks of fun, but I have also been looking everywhere for this 200-game CD. I have recently purchased som brand new Competition Pro CD32 control pads for my CD32, so I can continue to play it into the future... the controllers I have now are getting a bit old and VERY used. Most of the games on these CDs are downloaded from "legal" Amiga ADF archives like Back to the Roots, so should apparently be legal, as they're marked as Abandonware, but really, I have no idea on the technicalities of such things. I own most of these games in their original form anyway, it's just easier to play them all from a single CD on the telly than from several floppies on one of the A1200s.
Amiga user forever.

Offline Ryu

• Show only replies by Ryu
    • http://www.intuitionbase.com
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2004, 08:37:43 PM »
A lot of the games are abandonware and can be found on back2roots, but a few are not abandonware even if they are old it doesnt make them abbandonware. Also just because they are from Back2Roots doesnt make the CD legal... B2R has very strict terms and conditions and you can only obtain the games from there site legally not through a compliation CD.
Yours
Darren aka Ryu
-----------------------------
www.IntuitionBase.com
My Amiga 1200 webserver

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2004, 09:27:13 PM »
As the original poster said, I'd like to find out how its done. I have no interest in sailing the high-seas, robbing and fighting and making landlubbers walk the plank...
I like Amigas

Offline x56h34

• Show only replies by x56h34
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2004, 09:47:48 PM »
Both isos (100 and 200 game compilations) are nothing more than hacked up auto-booting WHDLoad that works with 2MB chip ram. The games seem to be regular WHDLoad installable games, but perhaps their installers have also been tweaked to work, I don't know...

I too was interested in how it was done, and when you look into the ISO image, the contents reveal how it was really made to work. Not the details, but you get the general idea as there are a lot of *.slave files, WHDLoad in C:, etc.

Offline Cyberus

• Show only replies by Cyberus
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2004, 10:31:00 PM »
Well this is what I thought before, that all you need to do is essentially make an image of an autobooting hd of 800MB(?).

But someone said you need something from the Developer CD when I brought this up on a previous thread.
I like Amigas

Offline TjLaZerTopic starter

« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2004, 06:08:07 PM »
Well I finally got a copy, but I have not been able to get it to work as it requires PAL.  I'm NTSC and I have it hooked up to my NTSC TV.  I have been looking at the CD and it does seem to be a hack job of both regular CD32 games and WHDLoads.  There does seem to be a custom Menu setup that is pretty cool!  I am trying to recompile it with just the C:PAL command removed from startup-sequence, as this is what throws the CD into PAL mode upon bootup.  With this command removed I may be able to get it to work on my NTSC unit!  

I did some research and came up with answers to my own questions:  Apparently to make a CD32 game you need the trademark files CDTV.TM or CD32.TM, which are copied onto the bootsector of the CD.  The rest of the CD is just like a floppy:  you need the s/startup-sequence, and all other files to be able to boot.  You also need to use a Amiga Burning program to do this like Make CD.  I have made a few custom games and this does work!  Now with the task of getting this CD32-200 to work in NTSC!
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline th4t1guy

• Show only replies by th4t1guy
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2004, 07:57:48 PM »
It works fine on my NTSC CD32.  The only problem I have is when the SX-1 is plugged in; my guess is that it has issues with fast ram.

If your TV supports 60hz, and it should display fine, although a bit cropped.

Offline Rebel-CD32

• Show only replies by Rebel-CD32
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2004, 05:26:39 AM »
The interface for the CDs was created with a program called Arcade Game Selector, which can be downloaded here - Arcade Game Selector.
You can use MakeCD to make bootable CD32 CDs I think. I'm actually going to be making a CD for myself with all of my games on it to use on my CD32, using these programs.
Amiga user forever.