Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: An alternative approach to re-launching classic computers...  (Read 7048 times)

Description:

Offline Snoozy

• Show only replies by Snoozy
Re: An alternative approach to re-launching classic computers...
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2011, 06:25:48 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;669383
I really don't care about what's wrong with CUSA. I've heard what's wrong with them "ad nauseum" from folks like you and Franko ever since they started their business. What I care about is what's right with Amiga. That's why I joined this site, but now it's just full of trolls who have nothing better to do than complain about CUSA, among other things, instead of focusing on Amiga, retro-computing and helping each other.

I agree with you.

I am also fed up with people launching a tirade of abuse at C=USA, if you don't like their products don't purchase them.

I also felt that Commodorejohns response to Novacoders comment in a previous recent thread was inappropriate to put it mildly.

If you do not agree with anothers opinion, fine document it but do not call their opinion " a load of sh*t", where are your manners? :confused:

Offline commodorejohnTopic starter

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2011, 06:29:38 PM »
Quote from: Snoozy;669388
If you do not agree with anothers opinion, fine document it but do not call their opinion " a load of sh*t", where are your manners? :confused:
Oh, sorry, my apologies. I'll make a note to, in the future, refer to the notion that a company producing products is an impressive achievement and should win them credit and goodwill despite shoddy design and poor customer service as "a pile of feces."
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline spihunter

• Show only replies by spihunter
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2011, 06:30:41 PM »
Its pretty simple. If Dammy would just go away then C-USA would probably rarely be brought up around here. I'd say 90% of the C-USA hate threads are one's started by Dammy announcing something about C-USA.

I'm sorry that you guys are tired of the whinning but they brought it all on themselves.

Offline Duce

• Off to greener pastures
    • Show only replies by Duce
    • http://amigabbs.blogspot.com/
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2011, 06:35:54 PM »
Dammy, to be entirely fair - your non news "news" posts on C-USA happenings have kicked up more of a storm here from "the haters" than any threads said "haters" ever took the initiative to start.  While I dislike C-USA, I'm far too lazy to openly instigate and start a smack talking thread against them - give me some credit.

Your news threads.  Yours, Dammy.  You, a moderator and unofficial spokesman for C-USA.

All I desired to see prior to the launch of their products was a review by an independent source of these machines once they were released.  Engadget type reviews, not "Joe gets his new 64x unboxing on YouTube".  Sadly I've not yet seen one.  For a product a company is so apparently proud of, I do find that odd - and by God don't link that Tom's Hardware blurb and try and pass it off as a review, lol.

Offline cgutjahr

• Show only replies by cgutjahr
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2011, 06:49:44 PM »
Quote from: commodorejohn;669384
And if you want to know why the backlash, you may stop and consider the simple explanation: it's because of the behavior of CUSA as a company, and Barry, BigBenAussie, and dammy as individuals.

Care to enlighten me why you're torturing us then?

Some of us really don't care, but we have to endure your crusade now aswell, because the other kids were so nasty to you?

That sounds fair.

Offline commodorejohnTopic starter

• Show only replies by commodorejohn
    • http://www.commodorejohn.com
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2011, 06:56:51 PM »
Quote from: cgutjahr;669392
Care to enlighten me why you're torturing us then?

Some of us really don't care, but we have to endure your crusade now aswell, because the other kids were so nasty to you?

That sounds fair.
No, I just think it's funny to note that there are companies out there who are actually doing what CUSA wanted people to think they were doing, not trying to sell it as a luxury good, and not standing atop a little hillock and proclaiming themselves King of the World for it. Good on you, Microbee.
Computers: Amiga 1200, DEC VAXStation 4000/60, DEC MicroPDP-11/73
Synthesizers: Roland JX-10/MT-32/D-10, Oberheim Matrix-6, Yamaha DX7/FB-01, Korg MS-20 Mini, Ensoniq Mirage/SQ-80, Sequential Circuits Prophet-600, Hohner String Performer

"\'Legacy code\' often differs from its suggested alternative by actually working and scaling." - Bjarne Stroustrup

Offline cgutjahr

• Show only replies by cgutjahr
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2011, 07:05:46 PM »
Quote from: spihunter;669390
I'd say 90% of the C-USA hate threads are one's started by Dammy announcing something about C-USA.

That's utter bull****, sorry. And you can easily verify this yourself by the stats on his profile page: In the last four months, Dammy started exactly one thread, and that was two months ago.

This whole alleged propaganda campaign is a myth. Dammy and a few others did try to advertise CUSA here, but that has stopped ages ago. And even back then, the threads started by CUSA 'critics' (I'm being polite here) by far outnumbered the ones started by Dammy and the other fanboys. And don't even think about arguing this point, or I'll mention Franko.

Disclaimer:

CUSA is a predictable, boring and incompetent outfit run by a used car sales man who employs a 'CTO' who was still daydreaming about AmigaDE half a decade after the rest of the world had moved on. I'm not defending them, I just don't think we should have more CUSA traffic here than on their own forum.

Offline spihunter

• Show only replies by spihunter
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2011, 07:37:09 PM »
Its true that he has eased up a bit lately but I'm sure when their "Amiga" line comes out he'll be back in full force.

I totally agree with your disclaimer. I wish all talk of them would just disappear from this site. They have their own forums for their stuff.

Quote from: cgutjahr;669394
That's utter bull****, sorry. And you can easily verify this yourself by the stats on his profile page: In the last four months, Dammy started exactly one thread, and that was two months ago.

This whole alleged propaganda campaign is a myth. Dammy and a few others did try to advertise CUSA here, but that has stopped ages ago. And even back then, the threads started by CUSA 'critics' (I'm being polite here) by far outnumbered the ones started by Dammy and the other fanboys. And don't even think about arguing this point, or I'll mention Franko.

Disclaimer:

CUSA is a predictable, boring and incompetent outfit run by a used car sales man who employs a 'CTO' who was still daydreaming about AmigaDE half a decade after the rest of the world had moved on. I'm not defending them, I just don't think we should have more CUSA traffic here than on their own forum.

Offline Boudicca

• Show only replies by Boudicca
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2011, 07:56:17 PM »
My beef is that CUSA should make Commodore PC's, Commodore Mp3 players, if they like call it an Amiga, but have nothing to do with original commodore/amiga or even try to steal its thunder. Be brave, take the name make a fortune but don't try to pretend your a friend of the classic/ppc amiga scene, it cannot replace my memories no matter how many "Mutton dressed up as lamb" pc's they sell. It will never be an Amiga in spirit or in my home.

Next someone will be trying to tell me that they have the next gen zx81 with I7 processor. Sorry mate it just doesn't crash enough to be even called a ZX81. Randomize USR 9000!
was Enterprise Vault (Its an Exchange Fail!), now its EMC Avamar, Dedupe for mostly everything including brain cells.

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2011, 08:09:25 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;669383
I really don't care about what's wrong with CUSA.  I've heard what's wrong with them "ad nauseum" from folks like you and Franko ever since they started their business.  What I care about is what's right with Amiga.  That's why I joined this site, but now it's just full of trolls who have nothing better to do than complain about CUSA, among other things, instead of focusing on Amiga, retro-computing and helping each other.

I take it you will be buying a C=USA "AMIGA" for $3000 then even though it's a low rent $250 PC motherboard and cheap plastic case combo?

Because if not.............

Offline Borut

• Show only replies by Borut
    • http://www.crt-software.com
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2011, 08:31:18 PM »
My opinion: If You start a business and You want to use a popular name and You know there is a quite fanatic followership You should take care to satisfy them or better use another name with no active however fanbase.
What did CUSA wronger than wrong - they pissed on the Amiga users so who wonders what is the outcome of that.

Offline ferrellsl

• DavidseltyAJ
    • Show only replies by ferrellsl
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2011, 08:54:54 PM »
Quote from: Digiman;669397
I take it you will be buying a C=USA "AMIGA" for $3000 then even though it's a low rent $250 PC motherboard and cheap plastic case combo?

Because if not.............

Nope.  I'm saving my money for a Natami and in the mean time trying not to let clowns like you annoy the hell out of me.  Why don't you troll the CUSA forums and leave us alone? You want to bitch about CUSA, then tell them about it.  We're tired of hearing about it here.

Offline A1260

• Show only replies by A1260
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2011, 09:22:04 PM »
Quote from: Borut;669400
My opinion: If You start a business and You want to use a popular name and You know there is a quite fanatic followership You should take care to satisfy them or better use another name with no active however fanbase.
What did CUSA wronger than wrong - they pissed on the Amiga users so who wonders what is the outcome of that.

they pissed on the commodore community and the amiga community big time.. i have never in my life seen someone that have a business acting like mister barry. the commodore amiga curse is still alive and well, i guess...

Offline QuikSanz

« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2011, 09:32:33 PM »
A CUSA machine is not on my wish list. A Natami is. Sorry CUSA

Chris

Offline Tripitaka

• Show only replies by Tripitaka
    • http://acidapple.com
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2011, 11:34:44 PM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;669404
We're tired of hearing about it here.

What you mean of course is that YOU are tired of it. Don't be so damned arrogant. Do you think you speak for anyone else on A.org? You sure don't speak for me, CUSA to me is just some shoddy company that rapes the Amiga name for profit and does nothing to advance real Amiga's at all. Franko on the other hand, annoying or not, is a talented enthusiast whose heart and personal time is put into writing Amiga code for us all to use. He has done more for Amiga than CUSA has, that's for sure.
Falling into a dark and red rage.

Offline hairy

• Show only replies by hairy
« Reply #29 from previous page: November 28, 2011, 11:48:02 PM »
Quote from: Tripitaka;669425
What you mean of course is that YOU are tired of it. Don't be so damned arrogant. Do you think you speak for anyone else on A.org? You sure don't speak for me, CUSA to me is just some shoddy company that rapes the Amiga name for profit and does nothing to advance real Amiga's at all. Franko on the other hand, annoying or not, is a talented enthusiast whose heart and personal time is put into writing Amiga code for us all to use. He has done more for Amiga than CUSA has, that's for sure.

He sure speaks for me too.
I'm tired as well of hearing always the same bunch of people ready to moan like crybabies at the first sight of a yellow drop (which could be beer) in one of their "approved" threads, while at the same time they find perfectly reasonable to throw piss in buckets or barrels quantity onto anything "not kosher" according to their own judgement.