Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiWolf AGA - new Wolfenstein 3D Port  (Read 35172 times)

Description:

Offline Havie

• Show all replies
Re: AmiWolf AGA - new Wolfenstein 3D Port
« on: September 21, 2013, 08:10:27 AM »
Quote from: ferrellsl;748465
That's a very short sighted viewpoint. Why do so many programmers port Linux to every imaginable CPU on the planet? Because it's a challenge and they enjoy it. That's why. Same goes for guys who write application software and games.

I agree - I tend to think that people just enjoy the challenge, it's no different from doing a puzzle - keeps the mind going, helps you remember old skills. The other aspect is that it is creative whether you are creating some new or modifying some old. I have not got Nova's skills but I can imagine the pleasure in seeing something work for the first time. Having written a few PC game, I also enjoy getting e-mails or comments on my game - both positive and negative.

And to be frank if your opinion is how crap it looks then I don't think you get the whole retro thing?  I love my PS Vita and have had many happy days on my PS1/2/3 (and no doubt sometime in the future, 4) but I am also increasing having fun with my Amiga 1200.  I would have died to play Wolf 3D back in the day (enjoyed may Doom sessions with Doom Atack on my old 040/40 tower) and ofcourse there a little part of all of us Amy fans who think if what Novacoder is doing now was done then, perhaps we'd still have a Commodore today!  

Everyone is entitled to their comments but in this case:
Mikrucio :nervous::destroy: Nova coder