Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: /  (Read 4945 times)

Description:

Offline 1985BMWK75

• Show all replies
    • http://www.amigamaniac.com/
Re: Why are we at war?
« on: November 08, 2008, 05:21:46 AM »
@Lorraine

I think you posted after me about SAM. I don't have anything against non-Amiga's, or software simulators etc. Each to their own I say. Whatever you prefer to use (and can afford to buy), then that is great. If it makes you happy - then go for it.

I am mostly ignorant about what happened to Amiga after Commodore fell off it's perch, and what software and hardware came afterwards, to try and keep "Amiga" alive, and bring it into the 21st century. I have a vague awareness, so I'm not completely ignorant. I've glanced at some of the new hardware and software, but I am just not interested. I can't see the point in spending a small fortune on a computer that is more powerful than the original Amiga's, yet less powerful than a much cheaper modern PC (yet somehow much more expensive). I'm sure someone will say "yeah, but a PC doesn't have this or that feature..". Well, I just don't care, a generic el-cheapo PC has everything I could ever want or need.

Someone said something about elitism. I think that can come into it. Some people are veritable computer experts, and laugh at those of us who aren't as well versed. Others don't look down on less knowledgeable people, but share their knowledge, and help people out - these are the people that keep the Amiga community alive. Zetr0 comes to mind. Not everyone is so into computers (of any brand/type) to that extent. That doesn't make them dumb, or losers, or whatever. Just different, and maybe into other things, completely unrelated to computers and software. Are some people perhaps creeping over that fine line from passion, to obsession? :-P

For me, I would rather just use my PC's for the usual stuff. It's much cheaper, and they are so user friendly these days. But when I want that special feeling, I fire up my Amiga :-D But that's me, and I don't expect anyone to share even one of my views :-)

And like Lorraine, I can't quite grasp why some people will nearly abuse or ridicule someone (or actually do it). I know that there are provocative and annoying personalities out there, but responding in kind invariably seems the start the s**t-rain falling...

Nathan

Offline 1985BMWK75

• Show all replies
    • http://www.amigamaniac.com/
Re: Why are we at war?
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 11:40:09 AM »
@Atheist

He he, I like how you express your hatred for M.S. :-D People expressing their dislike of something other than a person is quite ok I think :-) Well, in a public forum I mean. I would love to see what would happen if Bill Gates came knocking on your door, and you answered it... :lol:

I was once thinking once about the words micro & soft used together, and had one of those moments when you laugh out loud when no one is around. You know what it made me think of? An impotent man, with a teeny weener  :lol:

Nathan