Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: /  (Read 4951 times)

Description:

Offline takemehomegrandma

• Show all replies
Re: Why are we at war?
« on: November 08, 2008, 03:11:32 AM »

kolla wrote:

I dont know much about the red camp

Of course not. :roll:

but in the blue camp they seem more keen on ridiculing the red camp than talking about their own problems.

You haven't visited morphzone.org much during the time prior to the 2.0 release then, right? :roll:

But right now there isn't really a problem, the cheap but low power and low spec Efika is still available, and the Mac Mini port is about to be released (any year now! ;-)) which will bring performance (and price) never yet seen on this market! The Pegs are here since long, the Pegasos 2 G4 stands for quality and performance, and you could get a second hand machine if you pay attention! :-)

Anyone here could get a MorphOS system right now if they want to! :-)

For example, in the SAM440 thread, bluecampers join in to ridicule both OS4 and SAM

OK, since I am pretty much the only one in that thread that has raised any kind of criticism against the price/performance ratio of the Sam as well as the rather dubious legal situation of the Sam/OS4.1 combo, I guess that it is *me* (and no one else) you are talking about when you throw up a label like "blue campers"?

Please don't make generalizations like that! :evil:

Call me by my name!

They keep pointing to various hardware that would be or is better/cheaper than SAM440 and say aCube should rather build something like that.

And how am I wrong? Please discuss my arguments instead of {bleep}ing and moaning.

I put forward pretty much the same arguments when the Sam spec's were released for the first time. Since then many things has happened on the PPC scene, and my point in that thread was to raise the question whether the embedded 440 processor with lots of external controllers would be the optimal choice for the future?

Acube is designing a new motherboard. Is the 440 CPU really the best choice for the desktop Amiga it claims to be? Or could a simple two-chip solution based on either the 8640 or 8610 be a better solution?

Is the 440 CPU really better than the 5121e in a more "gadget like" device?

In what way will a €700(EUR) combo system "bring back the Amiga" on a broad scale?

And why am I so evil by simply raising these questions? :-?

Well, gee - so should Genesi. Yet we dont see the bluecampers raving around about the lack of products from Genesi/bPlan. Why not?

If you are still talking about me, you should have seen it!
MorphOS is Amiga done right! :)

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 11:59:55 AM »
@Atheist

Wow, you can still post here? I thought you were banned from all Amiga forums by now?

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2008, 08:12:48 AM »
Why?

Well, Atheist's post above pictures the reason in essence quite well:

Only AmigaOS4.x is the continuation of AOS1-3.9

I.e. an elitist and uncompromising "we are so much holier than you" attitude, "there can be only one, and it is OS4", "only OS4 uses the original source code", "only OS4 has the Amiga name", etc. The point is that this attitude has proved to be so totally mis-fitted, time after time, and outright untrue, and as a result many of the "hardcore BAF's" has softened during the years and turned more into *the pluralists* we encounter here at amiga.org (it's very positive to see that amiga.org with its allowing attitude and pluralistic direction has 6467 members, while for instance amigans.net only has 865 ;-)).