Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: /  (Read 4950 times)

Description:

Offline AeroMan

• Show all replies
Re: Why are we at war?
« on: November 08, 2008, 12:49:46 AM »

Amithony wrote:
A better question is why there are so many PC threads on an amiga site?

That's a good question! I think the answer is that because most of us...

-Got piss*d by the fact that the crappy PC is the only survivor (sorry, Macs are PCs today) and wants to believe the world could be better if anything else had evolved to today's technology level. (include me here, please)

-Had an Amiga as a main computer, but fell in love with a PC somehow

-Believes Amigas should be left in the retrocomputing scene beside Sinclairs, TRS-80s, C64s and Ataris (complete the list with your favourite) and we are a bunch of dreamers

-Wants to prove that his/hers favourite flavour of PC is better than the one used by others (Mac/Linux/Win/others...) and for some reason needs to do it everytime the words PC or x86 appears

-Got brainwashed by MicroSoft :-D

And the last, but the most important in my opinion:

-Considers the good people in this forum have huge knowledge about computers, are willing to help, and feels like he/she is among friends. (...yeap, include me here too) :-D

Offline AeroMan

• Show all replies
Re: Enter The Sandman
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 01:25:27 AM »

dammy wrote:

No, a AROS fork was not possible with the limited man power at hand.  This is not an Amiga like OS, it's an Amiga inspired OS.  Some will not like it, but they probably wouldn't like anything beyond their existing favorite(s) so to each their own.  The initial WIP ISOs should not be considered the end product but mearly a point during a transitory shift.  Anubis OS is aptly named.

Dammy
Looking Forward To The End

I loved the idea !!!! The site is somewhat ... empty ?
Where can I get more info ? Where?Where?Where?  :idea: