Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Fixing the problems with the forums and trolls  (Read 13944 times)

Description:

Offline Seehund

• Show all replies
    • http://AmigaPOP.8bit.co.uk/
Re: Fixing the problems with the forums and trolls
« on: January 26, 2004, 11:01:01 PM »

mikeymike wrote:
Left alone... natural order will prevail

Gently encouraged with cattle prods, so I've found :-)

:D

(The following is not in reply to mikeymike's post)
Don't confuse trolls with crapflooders. Trolls can be clever and amusing. They're almost the only reason I read the comments at /. One person's troll is another's comedian. On another site, "trolls" are those who openly disagree with the corporate agenda du jour.

The "Amiga community's" troll population is however generally of the annoying/retarded type. /ignore is my preferred solution and it really ought to be enough, but if they get agitated by the loss of attention they often transform to crapflooders (see Mr. "Interesting" and his split personalities who currently are plaguing the Moo Bunny), and should be dealt with accordingly.

How's this for an idea to make crapflooding at least a bit more difficult:

New members (chronologically "new", not measured by post count) can only make a limited number of posts per day, and start an even more limited number of new threads. The limit on posts in one thread could be set higher (e.g. a computer problem that creates a discussion going back and forth). These limits will increase as the newbie has been around for a while.

Of course the serious crapflooder will find ways around this (multiple accounts...) but it might stop those who misbehave out of cluelessness, not malice.
[color=0000FF]Maybe it\\\'s still possible to [/color]save AmigaOS [color=0000FF][/size][/color]  :rtfm:......