Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: So Shoot Me I Like Internet Explorer 9!  (Read 5979 times)

Description:

Offline dreamcast270mhz

• Show only replies by dreamcast270mhz
Re: So Shoot Me I Like Internet Explorer 9!
« Reply #59 from previous page: May 31, 2012, 02:58:09 AM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;694674
FF sucks (has for years and in my opinion was only an option in the IE6 days). It's too bloated, super crash happy, and just "feels" wrong and alien regardless of what system its being used on.

Here, you tell a bit of truth. For the latest of the official Firefox (not TenFourFox, as I sometimes use) you need at least (bare minimum if running windows 7) a Core Solo 1.5GHz, and thats with Aero Basic, and many effects and hacks applied. I use it on Ubuntu and 7 with a Core 2 Duo and i will say that the windows/linux implementations of Firefox blows IE out of the water in terms of usability and power. I do not use Chrome on either one as I prefer it only on OS X, where its GUI is metallic rather than that awful blue theme on XP and 7, and where it trumps in speed.

So, yes Firefox has ballooned but it is still a very viable option to IE. Lets not forget this all too famous page: http://toastytech.com/evil/

To me IE is the equivalent of MS saying: "May we give thieves your bank details, compromise your browsing experience and... : http://youtu.be/onEfmC6HRF4?t=29s  ?"
My machines:
PowerMac G4 MDD 1.5ghz 1.25GB 10.5.8 & MOS 2.7
Mac Mini C2D 10.6.8 2GHz 3GB 250GB HDD
MacBook Retina 16GB 256GB SSD 10.8
iPad 2
Underground Gamer invites (a classic game site) PM

Need a part for a PC or Mac? PM me, I\'ll let you know if I come across it.

OS X trumps Windows on every level.

MorphOS, OS4 and Classic Amiga systems are the only ones who are real \'Amigas\', not that joke AROS or Amiga Forever.

Offline amigakid

• Show only replies by amigakid
« Reply #60 on: May 31, 2012, 05:17:13 AM »
I actually like IE9 also.  I use both Firefox and IE9.  I stopped using IE after 7 until 9 came out then I started to use it again.  Firefox has issues also so those that bang IE9 in favor of Firefox I must say that as of now it is more of a preference.  If u like IE9, great enjoy using it, same with FF also.

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #61 on: May 31, 2012, 05:03:29 PM »
Opera is faster than Chrome for Flash intensive websites, however as good as Opera is there is some dumb design elements. Right clicking on anything text based which is highlighted allows an instant Google search IN A NEW TAB. For whatever reason Opera chose to open it in the same damned tab. Also you can highlight any text on a page and drag it to a search box in Chrome, back to Win 95 select,copy,paste,click search style thing.

Opera on the other hand has auto page refresh and is lighter in memory usage overall.

However the ideal browser will have the best of Opera and Chrome. The rest are also rans in my opinion. I doubt very much that IE9 is even close to the efficient and fast engine of Chrome. It's like when those prize fools claimed "Windows 7 is as efficient as XP" yeah whatever mate, try playing a DVD full screen with 24fps on a Pentium II 366mhz (even if you have 2gb of RAM)

Microsoft=Microcock.

Offline dreamcast270mhz

• Show only replies by dreamcast270mhz
« Reply #62 on: June 02, 2012, 12:20:56 AM »
Quote from: Digiman;694784
Microsoft=Microcock.

Couldn't have spoken the truth any clearer than that....
My machines:
PowerMac G4 MDD 1.5ghz 1.25GB 10.5.8 & MOS 2.7
Mac Mini C2D 10.6.8 2GHz 3GB 250GB HDD
MacBook Retina 16GB 256GB SSD 10.8
iPad 2
Underground Gamer invites (a classic game site) PM

Need a part for a PC or Mac? PM me, I\'ll let you know if I come across it.

OS X trumps Windows on every level.

MorphOS, OS4 and Classic Amiga systems are the only ones who are real \'Amigas\', not that joke AROS or Amiga Forever.

Offline magneticTopic starter

• Show only replies by magnetic
« Reply #63 on: June 02, 2012, 01:49:06 AM »
Digiman

I was using Chrome daily on this dual core 2ghz laptop. Win 7 ultimate. After google changed their privacy policy I stopped using it. I have to say IE9 is almost as fast and has better features..
bPlan Pegasos2 G4@1ghz
Quad Boot:Reg. MorphOS | OS4.1 U4 |Ubuntu GNU-Linux | MacOS X

Amiga 2000 Rom Switcher w/ 3.1 + 1.3 | HardFrame SCSI | CBM Ram board| A Squared LIVE! 2000 | Vlab Motion | Firecracker 24 gfx

Commodore CDTV: 68010 | ECS | 9mb Ram | SCSI -TV | 3.9 Rom | Developer EPROMs