Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga fails to boot, then after awhile works fine?  (Read 4175 times)

Description:

Offline matt3k

Re: Amiga fails to boot, then after awhile works fine?
« on: February 09, 2017, 05:52:19 PM »
Glad you got it working reliably.

Caps and HD need to be used regularly.  

Enjoy!

Quote from: part12studios;821188
Hi there,

So I had a scare the other day.  I go to turn my amiga on again (been off for several months) and it would just kick up check floppy with one click and then nothing..  so i open it up thinking of isolating issues.. removed accelerator.. backup clock hard drive..  

It's an Amiga 1200 with a 1232 accelerator, clock backup, 4gb microdrive.  I have a us power supply and a euro one.  I'm in the US so I favor the US one of course but i have a 220v converter box as well.  

eventually i got it to boot from a wb 3.1 boot disk..  and then it booted the hd. which before wouldn't boot alone..  then after a few times it seemed like it now will boot from hd again..  

Maybe the Amiga just needed to warm up a bit?  to be turned on but stuck in that locked up state?  Now it seems to be 100% again with everything plugged in etc..  

Any insight would be appreciated.  Maybe there is something I can do to service it before it becomes a bigger problem?  

Thanks,
Caleb