Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: It's 20 years on, and Windows still doesn't have...  (Read 13304 times)

Description:

Offline Thorham

• Show all replies
Re: It's 20 years on, and Windows still doesn't have...
« on: July 23, 2012, 06:23:35 PM »
Quote from: lsmart
Intuition was superior!

Quote from: chris
is

Microsoft's improvements to their GUI over the last fifteen years are... changing the taskbar so there is no text by default, and making everything look a bit different (in such a way that I've had three different window designs on screen at the same time under Windows, and it wasn't obvious which one was active). There have been no functional changes at all (I don't include "mouse gestures" as they are a different way of getting to the same functionality)

The annoying thing is that Linux doesn't have any of this stuff either, although the GUI is amazingly more consistent.
Intuition is not at all superior. It's lagging behind the times badly, and I find Windows way easier to use. Sad, but true :(

Offline Thorham

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2012, 09:00:41 PM »
Quote from: dreamcast270mhz;701114
And windows still lacks: A good web browser built in (IE is always years behind the times), easily used multi workspaces (like Ubuntu classic), a good built in media player, well designed interface as aqua kicks it in the balls everytime. Sometimes I wonder how they make money.
Simple: For most people Winblows works well enough, allowing them to do what they want. Browsers and media players are easily downloaded and installed, so that's no problem either.

Offline Thorham

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2012, 01:44:07 AM »
Quote from: 68000_forever;701438
It's 20 years on, and Amiga freaks are still bitching about a succesful operating system.

Can AmigaOS run Photoshop? Is Cubase available for AmigaOS? Is AmigaOS relevant to professional life? Does the younger generation hang on deprecated operating systems or do they just need an up to date computer as a tool to do their work?
This thread is about what Windows doesn't have, not about AmigaOS being better than Windows. AmigaOS clearly isn't better anymore, and I think most people here will agree with that.

Quote from: smerf;701405
Hi,

Windows still doesn't have stability

smerf
Indeed, that's why my WindowsXP setup only crashes once a year (or less) :rolleyes: