Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Attacking my first idea as a scam...  (Read 8456 times)

Description:

Offline carls

• Show all replies
Re: Attacking my first idea as a scam...
« on: May 13, 2014, 01:46:26 PM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;764278
I want to develop a complete 8-bit system that have a sexy keyboard case just like an A500, C64c or MSX Wavy. This computer however is different in that it have two cartridge slot and the slot inside of it allows you to hook up an MSX game or NES game and you can play either NES or MSX games into this computer. The computer have the 6502 CPU in it and it allows you to play MSX, C64, Apple II, and NES games all in one shot. There will be VIC II, SID and all the other chips in it. I also realized that MSX, C64 and Apple II all use BASIC as a programming language.

Apart from all the other question marks raised by this, I'm curious as to where you'll find all the custom chips needed. There's not exactly a cheap Chinese production line on standby for manufacturing SID and VIC chips. If you want to buy up and slaughter old consoles and computers for spares, you'll hardly become popular in the communities and besides, these machines are getting increasingly scarce.

I'm afraid going into retro hardware is hardly a place for get-rich-quick-schemes. Most people doing advanced hardware stuff like this are driven out of a passion for a certain platform and I'd be surprised if you could find more than two or three persons world-wide who've managed to earn a living from it for any substantial amout of time.
Amiga: Too weird to live, too rare to die.