Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology Acquires Amiga.org  (Read 28851 times)

Description:

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
Re: A-EON Technology Acquires Amiga.org
« Reply #239 from previous page: June 15, 2014, 06:08:26 PM »
Quote from: amigakit;766327
A-EON Techology Ltd is pleased to announce that is the new custodian of Amiga.org, the world's oldest and longest running English language Amiga community web forum.

A-EON acquired from the previous custodian, Bill Panagouleas of DiscreetFX, in an agreement which saw the transfer of the website and contents, the domain name together with all of the brands and rights including the official Facebook and Twitter accounts.

A-EON would like to thank Bill for his stewardship of Amiga.org over the past few years. Matthew Leaman, A-EON Managing Director, said of the purchase, "our acquistion of is part of our long term strategy to help support and expand the Amiga community. We are really excited by this development".

Outgoing custodian Bill Panagouleas added, "I enjoyed my experience and am pleased to place the stewardship in the excellent hands of true Amiga enthusiasts. Amiga.org is safe and secure with A-EON Technology Limited."

Trevor Dickinson, A-EON’s co-founder also commented, "speaking as an Amiga enthusiast, I am extremely proud to be associated with this great piece of Amiga history.  Amiga.org is oldest Amiga web portal, serving the Amiga community since 1994. This year marks the 20th anniversary of its founding and with the help of the Amiga community, whether it be Classic, Next-Generation, Emulation or new Retro hardware we hope to make an essential resource for all Amiga related news and information. Here’s to the next 20 years!"

Full Press Release: http://a-eon.biz/PDF/News_Release_Amiga.org.pdf

Well good luck on bringing this mottley crew of Amiga.org back together again, who knows you might actually give these guys a direction to bring back the excitement of the Amiga computer, you have a long hard road with these guys because they can't and won't agree on anything.

You at least have something going, a designed computer that works, a bit expensive for my blood, but it is a start and something the Amiga commuinty desperately needed, all the other designs I looked at where of old vintage.

Once again good luck, wish you best in your endeavors with the Amiga computer.

We need the excitement back.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline amigakitTopic starter

« Reply #240 on: June 15, 2014, 06:15:13 PM »
this are just harware that runs on any existing machine on this planet

We have enough experience with MorphOS to know that not all USB Human Interface devices work with Poseidon. We have a few MorphOS machines in the office that do not work with selected USB keyboards, mice and mass storage devices.  If a customer needs help recommended compatible hardware, we have the experience to advise them.

You missed out the wireless card that I mentioned.  We can provide this with MorphOS drivers to users.  Was this an oversight?
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline smerf

« Reply #241 on: June 15, 2014, 07:16:00 PM »
@AmigaDave,

Oh no,

They made you a moderator, the blind truly are leading the blind, tell me did you ever get a real computer or are you still using that Big Blue.
I just can not believe this AmigaDave as a Moderator, what will Amiga Org think of next?

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

Offline smerf

Re: But ask yourselves: WHY?
« Reply #242 on: June 15, 2014, 07:30:49 PM »
Quote from: takemehomegrandma;766511
Historically, One of the most popular ways to get threads *quickly removed out of people's sight*, was to have a few controlled people posting several Off Topic posts in a thread. This rendered a "valid" reason for a moderator to remove the thread altogether as "off topic".

"could you at least choose a more stylish one?" *IS* off topic. And this could render moderators as "Amigadave" to delete..., well, whatever in the thread, according to his perceived view of... well, maybe "decency"? Fairness?

Maybe this was your intention?

/me putting on a *thicker* tin foil hat, the last one obviously didn't work!

I think hubcaps look good on cars to, but only if it is a Chevy. Did you ever notice when people talk about Fords, they start referring to Plymouths and if a Corvette is fast what does that make a Mustang?

and besides

I like chocolate cookies too!!

smerf

Offline smerf

« Reply #243 on: June 15, 2014, 07:41:46 PM »
@TreverD,

Wow U R IN charge, and we really appreciate your enthusiasim. Have fun with the loonies and don't forget to smile.

smerf

Offline anachronicus

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by anachronicus
« Reply #244 on: June 15, 2014, 09:12:08 PM »
Well, I, for one, welcome our new Amiga.org overlords!  :)
I have done some business with Amigakit, and have had nothing but excellent service from them.  I look forward to some more life in these dusty halls.
Onward, and upward!
Anachronicus
-------------------
A1200 Power tower/ZIV busboard cybervision 3d mkii
A1200 ACA 1231, Indivision MK2 AGA
AT 4000T, missing cpu card, working condition unknown
A500 with scant signs of life
CUSA C64x Deluxe
Various and sundry Windows boxes

Offline CritAnime

• Previous Life Time Member
    • Show only replies by CritAnime
« Reply #245 on: June 15, 2014, 09:24:11 PM »
I too have had nothing but good experiences from Amigakit. If it means the board continues to thrive then it's all good.

Offline SACC-guy

« Reply #246 on: June 16, 2014, 12:54:28 AM »
Quote from: itix;766745
But as I wrote earlier you are going to have great issue running this site in peace. Hyperion supporters want the site to go pro-OS4 and are acting like that. Hyperion supporters want you to sell more OS4 hardware to amiga.org users. This includes certain activist moderators who want you to succeed with OS4.

What users want here is clean separation with NG and non-NG stuff and accept the fact that hardcore Amigans are trashing NG Amiga (OS4, MorphOS, AROS).
@itex

"user here" Please speak for yourself. I want all the amiga flavors.

since jan86 I still have my A1000, and I also am the only morph guy in SACC
and I have eyetech G4 with os4.1.6

M

Offline nicholas

« Reply #247 on: June 16, 2014, 11:13:22 AM »
Someone was asking where the 50 Latest Posts link had vanished to from the front page.

http://Amiga.org/index.php?pageid=50latest
“Een rezhim-i eshghalgar-i Quds bayad az sahneh-i ruzgar mahv shaved.” - Imam Ayatollah Sayyed  Ruhollah Khomeini

Offline psxphill

« Reply #248 on: June 16, 2014, 08:50:59 PM »
Quote from: Duce;766622
As I said, your tax laws may vary. Mine allow me to write off operating expenses on assets and materials.

Yes you can write off operating expenses, but only on the business expenses like the hosting & not the purchasing. And you still have to pay them, you just don't have to pay the 20% corporation tax on the money that you earned to pay the bills. If you're VAT registered then you can claim the 20% VAT back on the hosting, so you save a bit there.

If you work from home and your company pays for your internet bill then you can save the income tax on that too.

Offline amigacooke

• Show only replies by amigacooke
« Reply #249 on: June 17, 2014, 12:18:57 PM »
Disappointing to see that the Amiga community, even as it shrinks to the point of oblivion, is still infighting.

Offline ChrisUnionNJ

• Show only replies by ChrisUnionNJ
« Reply #250 on: June 19, 2014, 07:22:39 PM »
Quote from: amigacooke;766958
Disappointing to see that the Amiga community, even as it shrinks to the point of oblivion, is still infighting.
Only here!!
Vic-20 x3 C64 x2,128D,C128 Flat Deck,A500 x3,A2000,A600,A1200,Apple][e,Apple][GS,3 Apple][c\'s,Amiga Forever,C64 Forever:rofl:

Offline klx300r

• Amiga 1000+AmigaOne X1000
    • Show only replies by klx300r
    • http://mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca/
« Reply #251 on: June 20, 2014, 03:19:37 AM »
Quote from: ChrisUnionNJ;767149
Only here!!

unfortunately true in the past but hopefully that stigma will change with new owners on board
--- www.mancave-ramblings.blogspot.ca ---
  -AspireOS.com & Amikit- Amiga for your netbook-
***X1000- I BELIEVE *** :angel:

Offline persia

• Show only replies by persia
« Reply #252 on: June 20, 2014, 04:29:34 AM »
Quote from: amigacooke;766958

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

What we\'re witnessing is the sad, lonely crowing of that last, doomed cock.