Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A-EON Technology Acquires Amiga.org  (Read 29030 times)

Description:

Offline OlafS3

Re: A-EON Technology Acquires Amiga.org
« Reply #119 on: June 14, 2014, 08:35:37 AM »
Quote from: TrevorDick;766555
Tax write off. I'm not sure what that really means in this case? Amiga.org bills have to be paid whoever owns the website.

TrevorD

Here in Germany you can reduce profit (and thus taxes) when you buy something company-related (f.e. a new computer, software, something for the office, new machines), the only question is if you can do it immediately the full sum or parts of the sum in a couple of years). I assume that it is the same where you live and I also assume that a-eon is a company.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #120 on: June 14, 2014, 08:40:23 AM »
Quote from: SACC-guy;766551
@haywire

who does own morphos site?

a strange comparation... we talk about a site covering all platforms and not a specific site that only covers one platform

Offline amigakitTopic starter

« Reply #121 on: June 14, 2014, 08:45:24 AM »
A-EON Technology is a Limited Company with lots of costs so far and products still in production but these are not yet available and not yet generating revenue. So yes any donations towards Amiga.org running costs are gratefully received.  However in return A-EON will invest in the website and work to make Amiga.org the premier Amiga community site.

@itix
Something is missing. A site for Amiga users who favor AmigaOS 3 with RTG.
My A1200 has a Radeon 9250 and 3.9.  I find here the best forum to talk about RTG and similar upgrades.
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
« Reply #122 on: June 14, 2014, 08:50:23 AM »
Quote from: amigakit;766561

@itix

My A1200 has a Radeon 9250 and 3.9.  I find here the best forum to talk about RTG and similar upgrades.

Perhaps because you are owner of this site? ;-)
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #123 on: June 14, 2014, 08:52:33 AM »
Quote from: amigakit;766561
A-EON Technology is a Limited Company with lots of costs so far and products still in production but these are not yet available and not yet generating revenue. So yes any donations towards Amiga.org running costs are gratefully received.  However in return A-EON will invest in the website and work to make Amiga.org the premier Amiga community site.

@itix

We have a phrase here "Wer zahlt schafft an" that means who pays decides but it is also the opposite "who decides pays". If I have no say and no influence because it is owned by company who defines all rules why paying for it?

« Reply #124 on: June 14, 2014, 08:53:36 AM »
@itix

And of course, I enjoy my hobby :)

@olafs3

amiga.org is a longstanding part of the Amiga community so ultimately it's the users that decide.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2014, 08:55:37 AM by amigakit »

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #125 on: June 14, 2014, 08:54:48 AM »
Quote from: itix;766562
Perhaps because you are owner of this site? ;-)

If there is need for a forum I would think about to setup a new forum. I would need moderators of course because it would be too much work for me.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #126 on: June 14, 2014, 08:57:57 AM »
Quote from: amigakit;766564
@itix

And of course, I enjoy my hobby :)

@olafs3

amiga.org is a longstanding part of the Amiga community so ultimately it's the users that decide.

Yes they do

And it is a domain that can be easily found when former amiga-users search. A good selling platform for you

« Reply #127 on: June 14, 2014, 09:00:55 AM »
Seriously guys, we are open to suggestions on the forums structure. We want to encourage a wide range of "Amiga" interests.  Personally I would like to have a developer forum with users sharing coding tips and helping each other with problems. I don't see that much on here.  The German forum A1K.org is a good template for the forums on this site.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #128 on: June 14, 2014, 09:02:26 AM »
Quote from: amigakit;766567
Seriously guys, we are open to suggestions on the forums structure. We want to encourage a wide range of "Amiga" interests.  Personally I would like to have a developer forum with users sharing coding tips and helping each other with problems. I don't see that much on here.  The German forum A1K.org is a good template for the forums on this site.

Open to the rules too and what moderators do?

« Reply #129 on: June 14, 2014, 09:04:50 AM »
Yes of course.  We are reviewing this right now, so any suggestions users have please feed them back to us during this review.

Offline OlafS3

« Reply #130 on: June 14, 2014, 09:09:18 AM »
Quote from: amigakit;766569
Yes of course.  We are reviewing this right now, so any suggestions users have please feed them back to us during this review.

You can only discuss if we know your rules. Up to now even controversy or minority views were tolerated. We have already seen the opposite here now, perhaps not official but by a moderator who thinks to act in the sense of the new owners. Will it be as tolerant here in future as it was in the past?

« Reply #131 on: June 14, 2014, 09:22:06 AM »
@Olafs3

Everybody has the right to their opinion and preference.  So tolerance to other posters views is very important IMHO.

On the other side of the argument, there should be no critical or abusive discussion of another persons choices of "Amiga" variant that they prefer as that is their choice.  99% of users here just want to enjoy discussing all things Amiga. Let's make this the premier Amiga forum for those users.

Feel free to PMail me with specific suggestions and any problems you encounter in future.

Offline AmigaJoker

• Show only replies by AmigaJoker
« Reply #132 on: June 14, 2014, 09:27:33 AM »
I'm just a new member here but...

@AmigaKit: Congratiolations! :rtfm:

« Reply #133 on: June 14, 2014, 09:28:41 AM »
@AmigaJoker

Welcome to Amiga.org.  I hope you have fun here.

Thank you for joining the site.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #134 from previous page: June 14, 2014, 09:44:52 AM »
Earning trust should be priortised as there is very little of it in the  Amiga market/community and this is made even more important as it is  small.

My suggestion is to make this forum transparent in how it is doing things especially when it comes to money. For example how it is payed for and where donation money goes, etc. Also any issues/conversations that are going on behind the scenes between mods and owners could be made public to allow forum users a chance to debate/participate in the running of the site.

This also applies to AEON as well. AEON is arguably the leaders in the Amiga market/community. The problem with the Amiga market/community is a complete lack of trust and faith that involves any corporate activity. For example C=USA. I think the best thing AEON could do as market leaders is to gain the trust of the community by offering as much transparency as possible.
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.