Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NetSurf 3.3 released  (Read 10696 times)

Description:

Offline wawrzon

Re: NetSurf 3.3 released
« Reply #29 on: March 22, 2015, 10:55:18 AM »
i did it from the toolchains/m68k-unknown-amigaos/builddir because from toolchains/m68k-unknown-amigaos/ it gives me:
make: *** Keine Regel, um »install« zu erstellen.  Schluss.
(no rule to make install)
its a mystery to me as well, just currently i need to look at how can i get the tools in /opt/netsurf/m68k-unknown-amigaos/cross/bin executable from bash at all before i can progress, thats the kind of problems over here, sorry.

Offline chrisTopic starter

« Reply #30 on: March 22, 2015, 05:51:14 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786620
i did it from the toolchains/m68k-unknown-amigaos/builddir because from toolchains/m68k-unknown-amigaos/ it gives me:
make: *** Keine Regel, um »install« zu erstellen.  Schluss.
(no rule to make install)

That's correct, you just "sudo make" and they install anyway.

If that hasn't happened you'll probably need to "make clean" and then "sudo make" as it probably thinks it has already done this.
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion
Avatar picture is Tabitha by Eric W Schwartz

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #31 on: March 22, 2015, 05:59:18 PM »
so following the other guide i installed the buildsystem and compiled the link libs using the likes of:
sudo make -C libwapcaplet HOST=m68k-unknown-amigaos
from workspace, which though effects probably in linklibs for a wrong target, since im still getting linking errors while trying tu build netsurf for amigaos3
and the libs are in
/opt/netsurf/lib
while they probably should be in
/opt/netsurf/m68k-unknown-amigaos/cross/lib

sorry, thats probably rather trouble to help me understand how netsurf builds in comparison to what help i can ever be..

« Reply #32 on: March 23, 2015, 07:57:36 AM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786626
so following the other guide i installed the buildsystem and compiled the link libs using the likes of:
sudo make -C libwapcaplet HOST=m68k-unknown-amigaos
from workspace, which though effects probably in linklibs for a wrong target, since im still getting linking errors while trying tu build netsurf for amigaos3
and the libs are in
/opt/netsurf/lib
while they probably should be in
/opt/netsurf/m68k-unknown-amigaos/cross/lib

sorry, thats probably rather trouble to help me understand how netsurf builds in comparison to what help i can ever be..

Actually that's right, they install to a different location for some reason.
"Miracles we do at once, the impossible takes a little longer" - AJS on Hyperion

Offline Themamboman

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Themamboman
« Reply #33 on: March 23, 2015, 05:34:01 PM »
just to let you know that I've tried the NetSurf 3.3 dev2 release found on ami-soft.blogspot.com and it was a very nice improvement.

Keep up the good work!

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #34 on: March 23, 2015, 08:02:44 PM »
Quote from: chris;786641
Actually that's right, they install to a different location for some reason.

in this case, can i somehow check if the link libs are for the correct target? like looking up the header with an ed or so?

« Reply #35 on: March 23, 2015, 09:01:41 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786649
in this case, can i somehow check if the link libs are for the correct target? like looking up the header with an ed or so?

There are little examples in the nsgif/nsbmp repos you could try building? If they link and work the libs must be good...?

Offline apj

« Reply #36 on: March 28, 2015, 12:06:58 PM »
@Themamboman
Thanks.

Here is test noixemul version (sdl):

NetSurfTest1.7z

Uses 5 MB less RAM, pages loads faster, works on MorphOS too, no extra libraries needed.

But, you have to move mouse to load page (bug in timers probably).

Offline NovaCoder

« Reply #37 on: March 29, 2015, 05:25:11 AM »
Quote from: apj;786836
@Themamboman
Thanks.

Here is test noixemul version (sdl):

NetSurfTest1.7z

Uses 5 MB less RAM, pages loads faster, works on MorphOS too, no extra libraries needed.

But, you have to move mouse to load page (bug in timers probably).

Is that using my test SDL RTG library?
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

Offline apj

« Reply #38 on: March 29, 2015, 10:55:28 AM »
No, bug occurs when built with clib2. Only using your sdl headers.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #39 on: March 29, 2015, 09:12:17 PM »
Quote from: chris;786650
There are little examples in the nsgif/nsbmp repos you could try building? If they link and work the libs must be good...?

sorry, been around aros issues for a while. you mean in the examples folders?i went to nsbmp and tried to compile decode_bmp.c, but even with specifying linklib path ut doesnt build.

Code: [Select]
wawa@debian:~/dev-netsurf/workspace/libnsbmp/examples$ m68k-unknown-amigaos-gcc-3.4.6 -v -L/opt/netsurf/lib decode_bmp.c
Reading specs from /home/wawa/dev-netsurf/workspace/inst-i486-linux-gnu/lib/gcc/m68k-unknown-amigaos/3.4.6/specs
Configured with: /home/wawa/dev-netsurf/workspace/toolchains/m68k-unknown-amigaos/builddir/srcdir/gcc/configure --prefix=/home/wawa/dev-netsurf/workspace/inst-i486-linux-gnu --target=m68k-unknown-amigaos --disable-threads --disable-nls --disable-c-mbchar --enable-languages=c --enable-checking=no --enable-c99 --with-cross-host --disable-multilib --without-x --enable-maintainer-mode --disable-shared --without-headers
Thread model: single
gcc version 3.4.6
 /home/wawa/dev-netsurf/workspace/inst-i486-linux-gnu/libexec/gcc/m68k-unknown-amigaos/3.4.6/cc1 -quiet -v -Dixemul -D__ixemul -D__ixemul__ decode_bmp.c -quiet -dumpbase decode_bmp.c -auxbase decode_bmp -version -o /tmp/ccBEgCJw.s
#include "..." search starts here:
#include <...> search starts here:
 /home/wawa/dev-netsurf/workspace/inst-i486-linux-gnu/lib/gcc/m68k-unknown-amigaos/3.4.6/include
 /home/wawa/dev-netsurf/workspace/inst-i486-linux-gnu/lib/gcc/m68k-unknown-amigaos/3.4.6/../../../../m68k-unknown-amigaos/sys-include
 /home/wawa/dev-netsurf/workspace/inst-i486-linux-gnu/lib/gcc/m68k-unknown-amigaos/3.4.6/../../../../m68k-unknown-amigaos/include
End of search list.
GNU C version 3.4.6 (m68k-unknown-amigaos)
compiled by GNU C version 4.7.2.
GGC heuristics: --param ggc-min-expand=64 --param ggc-min-heapsize=64073
 /home/wawa/dev-netsurf/workspace/inst-i486-linux-gnu/lib/gcc/m68k-unknown-amigaos/3.4.6/../../../../m68k-unknown-amigaos/bin/as -m68010 -o /tmp/ccQ1pMTl.o /tmp/ccBEgCJw.s
 /home/wawa/dev-netsurf/workspace/inst-i486-linux-gnu/libexec/gcc/m68k-unknown-amigaos/3.4.6/collect2 /home/wawa/dev-netsurf/workspace/inst-i486-linux-gnu/lib/gcc/m68k-unknown-amigaos/3.4.6/../../../../m68k-unknown-amigaos/lib/crt0.o -L/opt/netsurf/lib -L/home/wawa/dev-netsurf/workspace/inst-i486-linux-gnu/lib/gcc/m68k-unknown-amigaos/3.4.6 -L/home/wawa/dev-netsurf/workspace/inst-i486-linux-gnu/lib/gcc/m68k-unknown-amigaos/3.4.6/../../../../m68k-unknown-amigaos/lib /tmp/ccQ1pMTl.o -lgcc -lc -lamiga -lc -lgcc
/tmp/ccQ1pMTl.o(.text+0xf2):/tmp/ccQ1pMTl.o: undefined reference to `_bmp_create'
/tmp/ccQ1pMTl.o(.text+0x120):/tmp/ccQ1pMTl.o: undefined reference to `_bmp_analyse'
/tmp/ccQ1pMTl.o(.text+0x152):/tmp/ccQ1pMTl.o: undefined reference to `_bmp_decode'
/tmp/ccQ1pMTl.o(.text+0x286):/tmp/ccQ1pMTl.o: undefined reference to `_bmp_finalise'
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
« Last Edit: March 29, 2015, 09:16:30 PM by wawrzon »

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #40 on: March 30, 2015, 12:27:44 AM »
@apj
couldnt load a page up till now. feedback left on ppa. but looking really good, also nice oversee-able gui, pretty consistent with what you would expect netsurf should look like.
shouldnt take long to fix i guess with that detailed debug output.

« Reply #41 on: March 30, 2015, 11:47:53 AM »
Quote from: wawrzon;786918
sorry, been around aros issues for a while. you mean in the examples folders?i went to nsbmp and tried to compile decode_bmp.c, but even with specifying linklib path ut doesnt build.

You've specified the link lib path, but there's no -lnsbmp on the line as far as I can see :)

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #42 on: March 30, 2015, 04:15:51 PM »
you are right, chris, i sometimes am messing invoking make with the compiler directly, though it doesnt help whether the path is specifier or not:

wawa@debian:~/dev-netsurf/workspace/libnsbmp/examples$ m68k-unknown-amigaos-gcc-3.4.6 -lnsbmp decode_bmp.c
/home/wawa/dev-netsurf/workspace/inst-i486-linux-gnu/lib/gcc/m68k-unknown-amigaos/3.4.6/../../../../m68k-unknown-amigaos/bin/ld: cannot find -lnsbmp

wawa@debian:~/dev-netsurf/workspace/libnsbmp/examples$ m68k-unknown-amigaos-gcc-3.4.6 -L/opt/netsurf/lib/ -lnsbmp decode_bmp.c
/tmp/ccRr2HAp.o(.text+0xf2):/tmp/ccRr2HAp.o: undefined reference to `_bmp_create'
/tmp/ccRr2HAp.o(.text+0x120):/tmp/ccRr2HAp.o: undefined reference to `_bmp_analyse'
/tmp/ccRr2HAp.o(.text+0x152):/tmp/ccRr2HAp.o: undefined reference to `_bmp_decode'
/tmp/ccRr2HAp.o(.text+0x286):/tmp/ccRr2HAp.o: undefined reference to `_bmp_finalise'

« Reply #43 on: March 30, 2015, 04:59:11 PM »
Quote from: wawrzon;787006
wawa@debian:~/dev-netsurf/workspace/libnsbmp/examples$ m68k-unknown-amigaos-gcc-3.4.6 -L/opt/netsurf/lib/ -lnsbmp decode_bmp.c
/tmp/ccRr2HAp.o(.text+0xf2):/tmp/ccRr2HAp.o: undefined reference to `_bmp_create'
/tmp/ccRr2HAp.o(.text+0x120):/tmp/ccRr2HAp.o: undefined reference to `_bmp_analyse'
/tmp/ccRr2HAp.o(.text+0x152):/tmp/ccRr2HAp.o: undefined reference to `_bmp_decode'
/tmp/ccRr2HAp.o(.text+0x286):/tmp/ccRr2HAp.o: undefined reference to `_bmp_finalise'

Do you need to put the decode_bmp.c before the -lnsbmp?  I know the order can make a difference sometimes.

Offline wawrzon

« Reply #44 from previous page: July 10, 2016, 03:29:13 PM »
hi chris, im back to setting up netsurf compile on another machine. however im already in trouble here on debian jessie 32bit under vmware, building the toolchain for 68k. i know there are precompiled ones but maybe this is a bug in interaction with newer flex or bison versions im not able to figure out, nor downgrade and it would be worth fixing:
Code: [Select]
...gcc -c   -g -O2 -DIN_GCC -DCROSS_COMPILE  -W -Wall -Wwrite-strings -Wstrict-prototypes -Wmissing-prototypes -pedantic -Wno-long-long  -Wno-error  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H    -I. -I. -I/home/wawa/toolchains/m68k-unknown-amigaos/builddir/srcdir/gcc/gcc -I/home/wawa/toolchains/m68k-unknown-amigaos/builddir/srcdir/gcc/gcc/. -I/home/wawa/toolchains/m68k-unknown-amigaos/builddir/srcdir/gcc/gcc/../include  c-parse.c -o c-parse.o
c-parse.y: In function %&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!8216;yyparse%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!8217;:
c-parse.y:594:16: error: %&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!8216;YYLEX%&$#?@!%&$#?@!%&$#?@!8217; undeclared (first use in this function)
       yychar = YYLEX;
                ^
c-parse.y:594:16: note: each undeclared identifier is reported only once for each function it appears in
Makefile:792: recipe for target 'c-parse.o' failed
« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 03:33:56 PM by wawrzon »