Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: The Best Things Come In Small Packages  (Read 16308 times)

Description:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
Re: The Best Things Come In Small Packages
« on: March 21, 2012, 09:29:25 PM »
Quote from: Kesa;684605
I also think the Bluray is a bit gimicky too. Why would you put a Bluray  on an Amiga? I have a PS3 and you couldn't force me to use it, so how  would you get people to use it on an Amiga? Bluray is nothing more than a  gimmick. Kinda like 3DTV.

Great, now i am quoting myself  :mickeymouse: as obviously i put this in the wrong thread ;)
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2012, 01:34:10 AM »
Actually i think the higher cost can be justified somewhat. If you go through the numbers you will see that even something simple like doing the engraving will see the costs per unit rise considerably. Things like S&D and labor costs add up pretty quickly especially when the cases are made JIT.

I would consider spending that much on a bare bones case as i like the Amiga engraving. But not the Commodore tag.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2012, 01:38:39 AM by Kesa »

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2012, 10:13:47 PM »
Actually this reseller initiative from Barry may be a blessing in disguise. If they outsource the barebones cases this would allow people who actually know about computers to build them properly.

All we have to do is buy the cases in bulk, then decide what components to use and finally find someone to do the labor and we are set. For the labor i think Karlos could be useful here, he always did make a good forklift.