Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Has anyone discovered anything in Maniac Manzion and Zak McKracken they want to share  (Read 5418 times)

Description:

Offline kd7ota

• Show all replies
    • http://www.qrz.com
Quote from: commodorejohn;717616
I liked the NES version, myself. Sweet soundtrack, and a bit nicer graphics. Though it does suck to not have a mouse.

You bet! Like the soundtrack especially... I play it using ScummVM. Much easier to use the mouse to click.

Proud to say that I am probably the only one that found out about a bug in the game that I never found anywhere else on the internet. I brought it up to the ScummVM team to let them know its not a bug in the programming, but just a bug in the actual game...

So if you are quick about navigating the game and rush into using the telescope to get the combination the safe above Edna's room, No numbers are there......

This is because if you dont actually go upstairs into Edna's room and actually TRY TO USE the safe, the NES won't generate it a random number..... ;)

So if you are ever wondering why the stupid number isnt being shown by the window when you use the telescope, now you know!

I think the same holds true for many of the Maniac Mansion versions.  If you don't use the safe, it wont generate the number. :)
-=-=-=-=-=-
Mine!  :-D