Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga on FPGA question  (Read 263 times)

Description:

Offline EverblueTopic starter

• Show only replies by Everblue
Amiga on FPGA question
« on: November 29, 2014, 08:37:22 AM »
There are quite a few devices capable or running Minimig core, these are the ones I know of:

Minimig, FPGA Arcade, Chameleon 64, MIST

Excluding AGA which is only supported on FPGA Arcade and MIST, is there any of these which has better games compatibility or it is expected that the core behaves exactly the same across all devices?

Offline Rob

Re: Amiga on FPGA question
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2014, 09:03:12 AM »
In theory Minimig might be more compatible because it's the only one with a real 68k but I don't know in practice.  I think there are a few people who have Minimig and FPGA arcade or Chameleon so hopefully they can give you a real world comparison.

Offline Yasu

• Show only replies by Yasu
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2014, 12:14:27 PM »
From what I can read at FPGA Arcade forum it looks like the core is more or less finished and that they are ironing out the remaning bugs as we speak. It will also support RTG apparently. And it have slots for expansion cards, which I've read is finished (ethernet, usb, slot for 060 and more in one card) but waiting to be produced until the board is finished and sold to it's pre-order costumers.

Offline bbond007

• Show only replies by bbond007
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2014, 07:21:57 PM »
Quote from: Rob;778594
In theory Minimig might be more compatible because it's the only one with a real 68k but I don't know in practice.  I think there are a few people who have Minimig and FPGA arcade or Chameleon so hopefully they can give you a real world comparison.

original minimig with 68K is probably more compatible than the real thing.

by that I mean you can't easily switch between 1.x, 2.x, 3.x ROM, change ram configuration, OCS, ECS on the real thing.

I can't speak for the other devices.